Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2020, 05:50 AM

mausman4 is on a distinguished road
Default Elegance coral end detached from skeleton

Hi guys, new reefer here

My nano reef tank has been set up for about a month and a half (10 gallon tank) and since then, I've kept Candy cane corals and zoas very happy.

Two days ago, I picked up an elegance coral from J and L and it wasnt until tonight that I realized that part of it wasnt attached to the skeleton; I'm not sure if this happened after it went into my tank, or if it was like that before. I dipped the coral in Coral RX.

The coral was opened up in the shop, as well as during the next day after it went into the tank. Tentacles were all fully extended and ate a couple Vitalis LPS pellets. It's placed on the sand substrate directly, with its skeleton partially buried. Params are as follows:

Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Ph: 8.4
Mag: 1020
KH: 9.4
Ca: 345
Salinity: 1.023

In attached pic, lights have been off for a while already which is why its quite closed up, but it was fully open and feeding during the day (at least before I left for work in the morning). Detached portion is at the bottom part of the pic.

Won't panic right away but I suppose this is cause for concern. Thanks for advice, reef buddies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coral.jpg (139.6 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by mausman4; 02-17-2020 at 05:54 AM.