Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums > Hardware

Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Switch Blade is on a distinguished road

Hey guys do you have the purple aquascape puddy / epoxy thing in stock?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch Blade View Post
Hey guys do you have the purple aquascape puddy / epoxy thing in stock?
i have the vertex epoxy in stock if you need some, off the top of my head its just under $12 a tube

Last edited by denny_C; 11-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
I'd like to see a retailer carry a comprehensive inventory of parts for the items they sell. For example if Concept carries the Tunze 9016 then all the associated spare parts would be in inventory.

I know that's a PITA to inventory every little widget and gizmo but there's been times where I need part xyz and go back to where I bought the item to find out they don't carry anything but the complete unit. I'm not a rig up a work-around kind of guy, I like to buy the exact part that needs replacing. The response "We can order it in" doesn't work for me, if something is broken most times I can't wait a couple weeks to fix it. I imagine it's a pretty common story.

That's just my feedback, for what it's worth.
that would take alot of space , im not sure about other stores but we had to dedicate a large portion of our building to the glass shop so storage space for inventory wasnt as large as we had liked.

with that said we are always willing to order stuff in if we dont have it , and we are working on carrying some of the more common things , for example on the way are a whole line of parts for the two little fishies reactors including fittings,sponges,caps etc.

we also carry parts for certain things like ecotech vortechs, radions ,water pumps and ro/di parts and obviously aquarium parts and accessories

unfortunately we can only carry so much though and we are just getting back carrying all the dry goods we use to before the move and we are planning to expand our drygoods selection inludding replacement parts
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny@concept View Post
that would take alot of space , im not sure about other stores but we had to dedicate a large portion of our building to the glass shop so storage space for inventory wasnt as large as we had liked.

with that said we are always willing to order stuff in if we dont have it , and we are working on carrying some of the more common things , for example on the way are a whole line of parts for the two little fishies reactors including fittings,sponges,caps etc.

we also carry parts for certain things like ecotech vortechs, radions ,water pumps and ro/di parts and obviously aquarium parts and accessories

unfortunately we can only carry so much though and we are just getting back carrying all the dry goods we use to before the move and we are planning to expand our drygoods selection inludding replacement parts
Yeah I hear you. You'd need a warehouse the size of a Walmart to stock EVERY little thing. But it is really hard to find even common/consumable things locally in Calgary. Like the reactor pieces you mentioned, replacement pumps etc. Anyways, that's just my own private war. Looking forward to seeing the store.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
Yeah I hear you. You'd need a warehouse the size of a Walmart to stock EVERY little thing. But it is really hard to find even common/consumable things locally in Calgary. Like the reactor pieces you mentioned, replacement pumps etc. Anyways, that's just my own private war. Looking forward to seeing the store.
alot of times i will pull the part from an existing product in stock(this gets me in trouble with the boss btw lol) and put the product away untill i can order in the parts that ways the customer isnt stuck waiting.

if we have it in stock i usually dont mind doing this especially if its a part thats stopping a reef or aquarium from its daily functions

cheers

denny
Old 11-19-2013, 09:23 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Speaking of TLF reactors, you got any around? If so please pm me the price.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Speaking of TLF reactors, you got any around? If so please pm me the price.
i ordered them on wednesday i believe, so should be here anyday now

have the 150 and the 550 on the way

i havent priced them yet but will be competitive with other online stores in canada

cheers

denny
Old 11-21-2013, 05:33 AM

Nerve is on a distinguished road

Hello Concept, do you guys carry the Cobalt Aquatics Neo-therm heaters?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM

Werbo is on a distinguished road

I second the motion for replacement parts. Not every screw, bolt and spring but at least the parts that need to be replaced. Impellers, wet side parts for vortechs, tunze parts, ect. Especially for high end equipment (ie. Bubble King skimmers) that have to be shipped from out of country.

When looking at bringing in a new line (ie RLSS) investigate spare parts availability and warrenty procedures.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:47 PM

matt_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Hello Concept, do you guys carry the Cobalt Aquatics Neo-therm heaters?
im not 100% sure if we well stock them. ill contract your suppliers to see if they carry Cobalt Aquatics products.
i could probably special order them.