Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply

Old 08-26-2014, 05:28 PM

Torx is on a distinguished road
Default BRS Group Buy - September 2014

It is that time of the month again ... in a good way. Looking for a few other people interested in saving some money at BRS.

We need a minimum of 10 people. Each order is treated as an individual order and shipped to your door. All prices are in $US and the highest discounted price on bulk items will be given to participants. There are no purchase quantity or order size requirements.

If you want to participate, please PM me your full name and your BRS account email address. If you do not have a Bulk Reef Supply account please sign up here. *critical*

Group buys run Tuesdays through the following Monday. On the pre-determined Tuesday each participant will receive an email from Bulk Reef Supply notifying them that the Group Buy has started. Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders! During the group buy week participants will log in to their own account to place their own order.

Shipping Details:

Shipping to Canada: All Canadian orders received before Thursday @ midnight are shipped on Friday. The shipping program they use to save us brokerage fees only allows them to ship on Fridays. Canadian orders will arrive at your door with no extra fees due. Here's how: BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian government fees however these are passed on to us via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on the site. In a nut shell they pay brokerage and we still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presented when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer.

The deadline to pm me you name will be September 1st, and the order start date will be September 2nd, 2014.

FAQ that I get

Q: Why purchase if you do not save on shipping?
A: No, you do not save on shipping...where you save is in the cost of items. Go one step further and get together with someone local and share shipping costs as I do.

Examples:
1.) 1000 mL of biopellets Typically costs $49.99 and I recently got it for $39.99 during a group buy period

2.) 1 Gallon (4 lbs.) - BRS Bulk GFO - Typically costs $61.99 and I recently got it for $49.99 during a group buy period

3.) 1 Gallon- BRS Bulk Magnesium Chloride - Typically costs $18.99 and I recently got it for $15.19

Q: Not sure if I am interested as I do not know what the discounts are on all products. Is there a way to get the prices?
A: You want to see the savings? PM me your info and sign up, there is no obligation to purchase. IF the timing is bad, I do one of these starting the first Tuesday of every month, see the discounts this month and plan to purchase next month.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 AM

greyreef is on a distinguished road

Torx, if you have a US address to have them ship to, will that work for this group buy?

Also, do you need to then use the $175 amount to qualify for free shipping, or can you buy any amount and have them ship to a US address for free?

I live right on the border and have a US shipping address...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyreef View Post
Torx, if you have a US address to have them ship to, will that work for this group buy?

Also, do you need to then use the $175 amount to qualify for free shipping, or can you buy any amount and have them ship to a US address for free?

I live right on the border and have a US shipping address...
Shipping rules are the same during a group buy as a regular order. You can have them ship to a US address but still need to meet that $175 minimum. I know a few people that do that, even a few people that get together with others to combine so that they can reach the $175.
"Free UPS Ground Shipping on Orders over $175 shipped via UPS within the contiguous United States. USPS shipments and Freight Shipments do not qualify for free shipping.Orders placed before 3:30 PM CST Monday through Friday will be shipped the same day."

Shipping delivery estimate map

Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Anyone in Vancouver want to share a groupbuy?
Ill pick up in Pt roberts...
Old 08-27-2014, 05:55 PM

bettathenyou is on a distinguished road

anyone know if the group buy discount will be better than the 10% off labour day weekend deal?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettathenyou View Post
anyone know if the group buy discount will be better than the 10% off labour day weekend deal?
Yes, the discount is as good, if not better, typically the discount is 10-20% off items as per the examples above.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Ok I'm in on this one for sure going to get it shipped to the border

Last name
Dillman
Old 08-27-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Ok I'm in on this one for sure going to get it shipped to the border

Last name
Dillman
Great. I will get you added.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2014, 04:24 AM

Sign me up Torx, Ill see whos interested in sharing a purchase in Vancouver!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyreef View Post
Sign me up Torx, Ill see whos interested in sharing a purchase in Vancouver!
I will get you added, please PM me your email and last name so that I can get your account updated.

The list is at 10 and still growing. Taking names until Monday.

Last edited by Torx; 08-28-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Tags
brs, bulk reef supply, group buy, groupbuy, torx