Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

I think I'm gonna buy an air horn and start waking everyone in my house up at 730.... I try to do anything in the morning I have grumpy people mad at me....
Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
I think I'm gonna buy an air horn and start waking everyone in my house up at 730.... I try to do anything in the morning I have grumpy people mad at me....
You can get a first aid one from Acklands or such with the twist-on replaceable thumb horn. I like those. I had fun with one of them riding my mountain bike up the sunshine coast ... stupid drivers
I have a Kenworth T2000 setup in my truck ... works wonders for idiots in sidewalks and various oblivious drivers

On another note, I can't believe how stupid some people can be ...
I came to this thread to vent, but I'll keep it private

Since I'm here, I'll add this about our site;
Forum ettiquette is falling again, multi-posting for sale adds, numerous for-sale adds when you could post 1 and list your items in the 1 thread, bumping adds more than once per day ...

Getting tired of seeing so many FS adds one after the other

Bump; here's my pump for sale
Bump; here's my tank for sale
Bump' here's my sump for sale
Bump/ here's my I'm tired of seeing your 5 or 6 threads bumped everyday

And bumping old useless threads !!!

That is all, and I feel better now
Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

That there is the reason I rarely visit the FS forum not to mention I get annoyed because a lot of sellers absolutely refuse to ship and it isn't all that difficult to do all you need is a box, crushed newspapers and ship COD but I might as well be asking for a parcel to be sent to Timbuktu the way most of the sellers respond.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:42 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I don't blame people for not wanting to ship items to strangers at all. If they aren't hoarders and don't have a bunch of random sized boxes laying around the house now they have drive around to stores to see about getting some free boxes, pack everything up, weigh and measure everything, get a quote from Canada Post, then ask the buyer if they are willing to pay said shipping costs, drive to post office and wait in line to send the package and finally hope that they don't get ripped off. Businesses have profits that are built into their prices to cover all these expenses, sellers on Canreef are usually losing money on everything they sell and some aren't interested in being out of pocket even more money and time. If sellers live in an area which they have no problem selling locally where the transaction can be done hassle free why wouldn't they? Personally I prefer to demonstrate everything I sell to the buyer so they know without a doubt before handing me over a dime they are getting exactly what was advertised and can go home happy about their purchase.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:57 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Agreed. I don't mind shipping terribly, but it's a huge hassle for me. I need to find a box, drive 15 minutes to a post office and wait there with a 5yo not happy about standing around. Overall not something I want to do, especially if I can just wait a bit longer to sell locally.
I'd never be out money because it doesn't get packed until I get paid. Overall not a huge deal, but I'd prefer if buyers just came to my house with cash
Old 04-09-2015, 04:02 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I prefer to ship. They pay, I ship. Don't have to worry about making an appt for them to come over, then they're late (or I am). Pain in the butt. I'd rather ship.

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Ya, all personal reference. Some people don't have cars, have young kids, can't get to post office easily. Lots of people PM me asking if it's ok to send so-and-so money, or will they get ripped off, etc. It's not for everyone, so ship or don't, not gonna judge
Old 04-09-2015, 04:12 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I prefer to ship. They pay, I ship. Don't have to worry about making an appt for them to come over, then they're late (or I am). Pain in the butt. I'd rather ship.
I agree for most items unless breakable. You can now prepay for your Canada post shipments online, print the label and just drop off or even have it picked up if you're in an applicable zone so overall pretty easy but especially for me being located somewhat remote I'm usually forced to meet people in town anyway so much less hassle to ship on my schedule. That said I wouldn't hold anything against someone not willing to ship as it's certainly not worth the hassle for some people if they can sell local.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I agree for most items unless breakable.
Ya, too bad, would have liked that skimmer But I agree, not something I would risk shipping.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:30 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

The vast majority of things sold are in major centres with a large population base but for those of us in smaller centres it sucks as in PG we are a 9 hour drive away from the major centres and for us the only option is for shipping or a 2 or 3 day trip. Yes I realize most sellers find shipping a pain in the arse and they have their reasons for not doing it but at the same time it's almost like we are in the smaller centres are being snubbed because we physically can't just jump in the vehicle and drive to the sellers place in the same city.

Yes I wish people weren't so intimidated by shipping because there is a huge amount of people who want the items in smaller centres but because as soon as shipping is mentioned all bets are usually off.