Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Since Denny locked the thread I stared I just wanted to point out that I was just curious to see who was all still involved. I put up the list of people in order to show were everyone was at and I thought if people who were involved saw it, it would motivate them to speak up and say were they were with their tanks. So we could all enjoy updates

Everyone gets busy over the holidays so (honestly) for me it was my way of trying to remind everyone about the contest (in case they forgot) and to hopefully get people to rekindle their interest in the contest and get everyone somewhat back on track. I've enjoyed following everyone's journals and I thought a big reminder about the contest would provoke people to update their journals, even if it was just to say they dropped out. At least then nosey curious people such as myself would know, it wasn't done with intentions of offending anyone.

Needless to say I haven't (by far) followed the deadlines. I've given updates as they've happened and tried to make sure some sort of update was given every few weeks etc. but by no means have I followed them perfectly as that's just not me.

Further more I will state that by no means should it be a popularity contest! IMO that's stupid! Personally I think it should be based on who planned out their tank the most, who did the most with their tank/set up and at the end which tank turned out nice. Even if all that means I have no hope in hell of winning Yes this is a contest but I for one am more interested in seeing what people do with their tanks and how it all turns out then I care who wins. I was just trying to give everyone a kick in the butt to see updates. BTW Denny I thought your nano tank was interesting and I was excited to see how it would turn out, personally I think you should find time to finish it so I can enjoying seeing how cool it turns out to be!

Anyway just thought I'd say all the above to set the record straight.
i agree with you 100% laurie, i wish i could have gotten further with my build but its a competition and the best of the best are the ones who made it this far , i knew it wouldnt be easy and i just want to say im very proud of everyone who entered even those who couldnt finish , its not an easy competition....i knew updates would be missed and i knew people would drop out, im very impressed with everyone who has their nanos set up and running and im also very pleased that everyone is doing their best.

at the end of the day those who try their best will be rewarded, ive chosen who i believe to be very honest and experienced judges , i know they will look at every journal differently and award points to the best of their ability.

keep up the good work guys and although my tank was an epic failure i am reading and following along , at the beginning of the contest i posted that once the contest starts i wont post to much so ive been watching and reading on the side lines.

laurie im more than impressed with your build and think you are in good standings to win , alot of other great builds as well.

i only locked the thread to keep the nay sayers from saying i told you so and making people think its a popularity contest which its not , i think the contest is still in full swing and i want those who are still involved to believe(which they shoud) that anyone can win...and really anyone CAN win

i started this thread for questions and opinions so lets use this one for comments but please guys we can critisize the contest after its over in which case id love some feedback for the next contest( hopefully a big tank contest)

with that said keep up the good work everyone , its still anyones game and we have some amazing prizes to be won and without all of you it wouldnt be possible

cheers gang!

denny
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
i agree with you 100% laurie, i wish i could have gotten further with my build but its a competition and the best of the best are the ones who made it this far , i knew it wouldnt be easy and i just want to say im very proud of everyone who entered even those who couldnt finish , its not an easy competition....i knew updates would be missed and i knew people would drop out, im very impressed with everyone who has their nanos set up and running and im also very pleased that everyone is doing their best.

at the end of the day those who try their best will be rewarded, ive chosen who i believe to be very honest and experienced judges , i know they will look at every journal differently and award points to the best of their ability.

keep up the good work guys and although my tank was an epic failure i am reading and following along , at the beginning of the contest i posted that once the contest starts i wont post to much so ive been watching and reading on the side lines.

laurie im more than impressed with your build and think you are in good standings to win , alot of other great builds as well.

i only locked the thread to keep the nay sayers from saying i told you so and making people think its a popularity contest which its not , i think the contest is still in full swing and i want those who are still involved to believe(which they shoud) that anyone can win...and really anyone CAN win

i started this thread for questions and opinions so lets use this one for comments but please guys we can critisize the contest after its over in which case id love some feedback for the next contest( hopefully a big tank contest)

with that said keep up the good work everyone , its still anyones game and we have some amazing prizes to be won and without all of you it wouldnt be possible

cheers gang!

denny
Ok thanks for the clarification.

BTW the concept for your tank was cool, hopefully when you have time maybe you could give it another go.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post

denny
Luv ya Denny! but I'm not so sure I agree, but then I didn't take the "I really should get off my a$$ and clean the glass so I can see into the tank pic"

However, you got the "a lot of other great builds" part right

Last edited by fishoholic; 01-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 PM

Is it tomorrow yet? Totally curious as to who the judges are and who (predicting Grizz) the winner is. Although towards the end I do think I gave Grizz a good "run for his money" so to speak, and of course, personally I like my tank better

Last edited by fishoholic; 03-31-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM

CherylMcKay is on a distinguished road

Waiting for the results.... The suspense is killing me.