Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 08-31-2016, 04:15 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road
Default Jebao CP-40 GROUP BUY - Anyone interested?

Just looking to see if there is anyone interested in participating in a group buy for Jebao/Jecod Cp-40's.
I have priced them out in a few places and found what I feel to be a pretty fair price.
6 units come in a carton, I want one and I already have someone else wanting one.

We would be looking at around $125 each.
This includes shipping and exchange.
This is an estimate since our exchange rate changes every day. I am pretty sure it will stay close since I allowed for over estimation.

I can't guarantee how long they will take to get here as I inquired on having it sent by regular mail to avoid duty and excess fees once they arrive.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM. I would need payment before ordering as I cant have $700+ sitting on my credit card and a bunch of CP-40s sitting in my bedroom because people backed out.
I want to know all 6 units are spoken otherwise I will order elsewhere.

So just need 4 more people. If we end up wanting more, say 12 total, I would just have to enquire about shipping 2 boxes and see if we save anything on shipping 2 vs 1.

And I know not everyone on here knows me or has met me, if you're in doubt Warren knows where I live and can hunt me down

And since I am not around and stuck on the island again for now, it would likely by my family receiving and distributing for me.
If there is anyone south of the bridge interested, my mother goes to Cloverdale most Monday nights for Flyball practice and she could bring it with her and you can pick up from here there. She will not meet people elsewhere.
If anyone Central Vancouver Island is interested (I am in Parksville or Bowser), I can pickup when I go over in Oct and I will be able to bring it back with me sometime after thanksgiving.

Let me know
Thanks!

Random image pulled off google
Old 08-31-2016, 07:09 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

D'oh a couple of weeks too late, mine just came 2 days ago or I'd be in!

BTW they are awesome. I set one up in my 6 foot 125 gallon and its moving all the water. My sps polyp extension is like I've never seen. I think its because it moves a large volume of water but very calmly instead of the harsh flow my other pumps created. It hummed a bit on day one but is silent now.

Great pump for sure. Hopefully it lasts. My old Jebao pump was at least 3 years old, I wouldn't ask for much more than that on a pump that runs 24 hours a day...
Old 09-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Follows the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
D'oh a couple of weeks too late, mine just came 2 days ago or I'd be in!

BTW they are awesome. I set one up in my 6 foot 125 gallon and its moving all the water. My sps polyp extension is like I've never seen. I think its because it moves a large volume of water but very calmly instead of the harsh flow my other pumps created. It hummed a bit on day one but is silent now.

Great pump for sure. Hopefully it lasts. My old Jebao pump was at least 3 years old, I wouldn't ask for much more than that on a pump that runs 24 hours a day...
Never hurts to have a spare

I think i have 1 more yes and 1 maybe. So 3 left that need to be claimed before this can go through!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:42 AM
Zoa Hoarder

davej is on a distinguished road

Do they all have to be the 40"s or could a guy get one of the 25's?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Follows the rules!

FYI I have asked the supplier and these are 2nd gen CP-40s.

I would have to double check as I was just going to order a case of 40s and there's 6 in a case. I don't think its a whole lot cheaper for the 25s, maybe $4-5.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:46 PM

Reef-Geek is on a distinguished road

What's the difference between gen 2 & 3?

And also is import duties included?

Last edited by Reef-Geek; 09-01-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Follows the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef-Geek View Post
What's the difference between gen 2 & 3?

And also is import duties included?
As far as I know there are only 2 generations
As for the difference between gen 1 and 2, I am not sure what upgrades were made. But I'm sure like the Jebao DCS vs DCT, they did some fine tuning to help make the pump quieter and optimize performance. You might be able to find more info on google, but based on what I am seeing most of those perks are only relevant if you buy a wifi controller for it which I am not doing. They likely would have still fine tuned the pump itself.

So these CP40s are the newer versions if that clears anything up.
And they do NOT include the wifi add on.
If you want one with wifi Fish street seems to have them for $219 USD ouch...
Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the explanation, I just checked fish-street and seems like gen 3 is coming soon?
Old 09-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Follows the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef-Geek View Post
Thanks for the explanation, I just checked fish-street and seems like gen 3 is coming soon?
The only thing I see on fish street is a July 14 Update for the new ones. These are the same new ones. Just no wifi thing.

EDIT:
Just need 2 more people. Will likely have an answer about the CP25s tomorrow morning for those who have asked me about the smaller ones for their tanks.

Last edited by Coasting; 09-01-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:13 PM

the option is under the dropdown menu