Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Mik_101 is on a distinguished road

Amazing! The tank has come a long way...LOOKS GRATE...
- Green candy cane
- green zoas
- GSP
- Fake percula clown
- Diadem dottyback
adding a 70w MH with 8 LED
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Continuing....

The equipment was eventually moved into the room behind and a new tank was made for the bottom.

here's the blue ribbon eel I spoke of earlier

Also had a frogfish for a while, but I couldn't supply the fish with a a proper diet (I guess).

Well that's really all the process pictures I can show you folks, sorry I've only recently started talking more photo's (new camera, nikon D70 ).

I can however show you more recent pictures

Here's a good test I did for Zeovit, bought this plate coral:

It was browned out but I noticed some pink deep within and I also noticed a huge improvement from other plate corals from the Zeovit. So I thought I would do a little test.
The result can be seen below, the brown plate coral turned into the white and pink one.

Oh and here's some more pics, enjoy!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Great pictures. I have the same camera, but would you mind telling me what lens you use? I have a macro lens from my old Nikon 35mm, an F90 but with the 35mm film to 25mm image capture chip, it's more like a .. what is it, F120 or something. If you want a picture of a single fish scale, this would make a great lens, but to fit the whole fish in the frame I end up having to move back 3 feet and well .. at that point I guess I don't need a macro lens anymore. So I need to save up some dinero for a new lens .. any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 PM

The lens I use is a AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm. It's a good all around lens for just about everything. It's not good for macro but sometimes I use single macro lenses that just screw onto the lens like a filter. This allows me to focus on closer objects. I also use a polarizing or ND4 filter from time to time.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Wow, great shots. What an improvement in the plates. Looks like your clams are pretty happy also. When I switch over to zoevit that was one of my concerns, my clams and zoo's/paly's would suffer.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Wow, great shots. What an improvement in the plates. Looks like your clams are pretty happy also. When I switch over to zoevit that was one of my concerns, my clams and zoo's/paly's would suffer.
I thought the same, but basically everything has improved. Some of my LPS are not supper happy but that's from the lack of food I feed my corals. You can also get a few additives from Zeovit that improve LPS health.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Where do you get your supplies from ? Doing a little research on the best place to get the stuff.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Where do you get your supplies from ? Doing a little research on the best place to get the stuff.
My local fish store, basically I believe Proline Aquatics is the only wholesaler for Zeovit in Canada so any store that orders from them can get all that stuff. These days pretty much all zeovit products will likely be special order, as the system is fairly new to us Canadians.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:56 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

It's crazy how far the tank has come.. funny how you don't even realize sometimes until you look back to the start. Very nice set-up it seems no matter how much I look at it it never ceases to amaze me.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Steve your tank and corals look awesome

Greg