Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2015, 06:49 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Utterly frustrated with Tunze streams..

Vent/Rant mode on!

I think I'm just about done with Tunze streams. I seem to get about a year out of them before either the power supply or the motor block needs replacing.

Really tempted to look at Jebao as a replacement. Are people using these on their Apex? I'd like to look at something that I can just swap out without needing to reprogram the flow settings or use a different controller.

Any other alternatives? If it wasn't for that I don't want a motor block mounted on a viewing panel of the tank, I would have considered Vortech. But it's not really an option for me because of the viewing obstruction.

Also, is anyone still using a Tunze Wavebox these days? The one I have is on its 3rd or 4th dead motor block now. The cost to replace that is astronomical (almost $500 at J&L), so, it's either going to the trash bin, or I find some other way of getting it going .. has anyone tried retrofitting a different powerhead in there?