Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Very beautiful tank!! where did you get the light blue stag? they look awesome and I am looking to buy some but can't find it here.
I got them as frags here in calgary.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

a couple new pics from today

Last edited by muck; 10-25-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

holy crap man wow is all i can say time for a bigger tank me thinks or frag the bujesus out of that monster lol good job
Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Banned

Cheers, it is starting to get a little touchy in there.The basement is in fulll reno mode right now, with any luck the 150 will be up by xmas. I had 4 friends over yesterday to move the tank into it's room. I meant to take some progress shots of the reno, but truthfully I can't really be bothered. I just like tearing old things apart & making them new again. I'll try & put some on the build thread before drywall.:]
Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
holy crap man wow is all i can say
Ditto!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

A couple of side notes.
1)I haven't been able to keep my CA much above 360 for like 2 months. I think its too high demand for the volume of water because I'm using 2 part & salinity goes up weekly.
2) I saw red bugs on 2 acro's in there last wed, I'll get interceptor this week. The weird part is I haven't put anything in in months & months.
3)I've been too busy for the last couple of weeks, & haven't even done a water change for 2 weeks.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:18 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm... One question for ya! What's your secret?

Very nice, I want my tank to look like that!

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
A couple of side notes.
1)I haven't been able to keep my CA much above 360 for like 2 months. I think its too high demand for the volume of water because I'm using 2 part & salinity goes up weekly.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If your pH is in the magic zone to a bit on the high side you don't need to keep the calc as high. If you think upping it will help, what about putting your top up water through a kalk reactor and use less 2-part to dial it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
2) I saw red bugs on 2 acro's in there last wed, I'll get interceptor this week. The weird part is I haven't put anything in in months & months.
I've had the same thing. I've treated all my colonies, treated the tank.... saw nothing for a long time, didn't add anything... then bam! LRB! Wtf? Sometimes all it takes is a few missed bugs to eventually form a population a few months down the road. I typically don't worry too much about them if I don't see their numbers rising... then again, I don't have many smooth skinned acros that they seem to like.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Can you give some detail about your tank? ligthing? is it a low nutriment system like zeovit?

I am asking because I see your pink birdsnest is at the bottom of your tank and seem to be thriving. how tall is the aquarium?

Again very nice aquarium!

thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Can you give some detail about your tank? ligthing? is it a low nutriment system like zeovit?

I am asking because I see your pink birdsnest is at the bottom of your tank and seem to be thriving. how tall is the aquarium?

Again very nice aquarium!

thanks
It's a very LNS, i get readings of 0 for PO4 on a hanna, & zero for NO3 on elos. But is some in there cause of that leafy algae crap on the back wall. I thikn it comes from the SB or the rock?? It's a red sea max 250 running stock skimmer, two mp 10wes, 2 koralia 750, with a tek 6 bulb & arcylic shroud with a mirror finish on the inside of the shroud. No mechanical filtration is used what so ever. I dose several zeo products on a schedule, & dose vodka, but run no zeolites, there are no reactors or any external stuff on this system. I run 2 bags of chemi pure elite, 1 bag of purigen, & about 1/3 cup of rowa phos. It has a profilux for 2 part, MG is dosed manually, & tunze ATO.... lighting is 2 on for 11.5 hours FP in front SB in back the center 4 are SB SB NG FP on for 9 hours... & I think that's it