Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleswrath View Post
Besides, I thought people with outstanding long term tanks hardly test anymore anyways.......
I just tested Mg this morning. First time in 4 years. It was fine
Old 01-23-2015, 06:32 PM

mikellini is on a distinguished road

Yeah I don't understand the people saying more information is a bad thing. Yes, it can't be relied on 100% and it's certainly not essential, but to me this is the greatest piece of kit you could have - if it works as advertised
Old 07-27-2015, 07:22 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Well if anyone is interested in becoming a supporter for this controller, here is your chance.

495USD buys the device+one disk+mindstream polo shirt with a December delivery time.

From their FB page:
MindStream Aquarium Monitoring System

Today is the day we have all been waiting for! After years of hard work, we are proud to announce that this morning we launched a Kickstarter campaign to finally get the MindStream monitor to market. Now we need your help. In backing our project, you not only have the opportunity to be among the first to receive a MindStream monitor later this year, but you will also help us over the finish line to bring this revolutionary system to aquarists everywhere. We appreciate your interest and excitement thus far and thank you in advance for your support in making this campaign a success!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 PM

matt_C is on a distinguished road

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...uarium-monitor
Old 07-27-2015, 07:52 PM

mikellini is on a distinguished road

Well I've lost interest for now, crazy pricing, no apex support, and monthly disc replacement instead of 90 days. And no nitrate monitoring
Old 07-27-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikellini View Post
Well I've lost interest for now, crazy pricing, no apex support, and monthly disc replacement instead of 90 days. And no nitrate monitoring
Kickstarter price is reasonable and I'm sure it will easily be integrated in apex as all its all cloud based already, so its a just a matter of getting apex to link data from cloud

With future upgrades I can see nitrate/phosphates added to the disk.

Now 30-35$/disk every 90 days was a nice price-point, however 30-50 every month is ugh... ugly
Old 07-27-2015, 10:49 PM

Plainswalker is on a distinguished road

At that price point, I'll have to wait to see how it pans out in the real world. Alkalinity and calcium are wonderful, but I'd prefer to have nitrate and phosphate too.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:24 PM

I signed up as I can always cancel after MACNA if the news are not stellar and this way I've locked in a cheaper price for the device.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:35 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

I was pretty stoked for this but $900-1200 initial investment and $40-60 a month? considering I test a couple things regularly dialing dosers in and nothing else unless corals seem un happy its a big investment.

Im not interested in $600 now for a firsst gen product when they havent even released final pricing on the discs.

Ill wait a year or 2 until some non biased opinions come up........or I win the lottery

plus I dont really care to know my PH or my temp. my controller does that. Id venture to say anyone dropping this kind of coin on a parameter monitor has a controller and 90% of people dont bother with PH I dont need to know my CO2 my O2 or my ammonia. the first 2 ive never tested and all is well and I cant see anyone using this for a tank cycle since you really only need to test after a month or 2 and not daily.......

I havent added any MG in probably years and it sits at 1400
dont run zeo so the K isnt a big issue but this is something I would keep on the disc since lots of people do and would find it useful.
So basically out of the big 5 things myself and what im assuming most people ONLY check if that many (alk, ca, salinity,nitrate, phos) this only has 3 of them..............when they have nitrate and phosphate on it and a 500 ish price point Id be seriously contemplating it. right now im not even thinking about it.

also where and how do they come up with 14 grand for 13 different test kits?????????? are they comparing an entire city combined cost over an entire lifetime against the initial cost of this unit??

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC

Last edited by e46er; 07-28-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
I was pretty stoked for this but $900-1200 initial investment and $40-60 a month? considering I test a couple things regularly dialing dosers in and nothing else unless corals seem un happy its a big investment.

Im not interested in $600 now for a firsst gen product when they havent even released final pricing on the discs.

Ill wait a year or 2 until some non biased opinions come up........or I win the lottery

plus I dont really care to know my PH or my temp. my controller does that. Id venture to say anyone dropping this kind of coin on a parameter monitor has a controller and 90% of people dont bother with PH I dont need to know my CO2 my O2 or my ammonia. the first 2 ive never tested and all is well and I cant see anyone using this for a tank cycle since you really only need to test after a month or 2 and not daily.......

I havent added any MG in probably years and it sits at 1400
dont run zeo so the K isnt a big issue but this is something I would keep on the disc since lots of people do and would find it useful.
So basically out of the big 5 things myself and what im assuming most people ONLY check if that many (alk, ca, salinity,nitrate, phos) this only has 3 of them..............when they have nitrate and phosphate on it and a 500 ish price point Id be seriously contemplating it. right now im not even thinking about it.

also where and how do they come up with 14 grand for 13 different test kits?????????? are they comparing an entire city combined cost over an entire lifetime against the initial cost of this unit??

I'm starting to feel the same, as I care for Alk, Ca, Mag, K would like to see Phosphates and Nitrates as well.... spending 500+ a year in test disks to accurately monitor Ph, is just not justifiable.

I'm going to keep my pledge until closer to the date as I'm not yet charged for it anyhow as I'd like to see what MACNA will bring out of this product.