Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

Me reading or the thread that is WAY off topic..
Old 10-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
Did you want me to draw you a Venn diagram?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:09 AM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road
Default Really?

Easy to say, hire someone else.. Obviously some people have never owned a small business, nevermind a LFS. If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it.

I just started to goto Oceanic last year. At first I was a lil ticked that I went there a few times and it was closed. Then I talked to Paul and Albert, got their numbers and now I just call before leaving and usually they would open up or give me a time that they would be there.
Is it as good as always being there? No it is not, but it is not so bad as they sell quality stuff and it is not out in Burnaby.

If everyone shops there, I would assume it would grow to where there could be a bigger selection etc. Instead, everyone expects to be treated like they are the only ones who matter. I say support small local businesses and you will not have to deal with places like Petsmart or Petlovers.

No I am not a "best Buddy" of Pauls or Alberts, Just a guy who is not so impatient. I prefer to deal with people who are passionate enough about a hobby that they took a risk to open up a store, because there are none locally.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
Yes....it is.....my bad. WELCOME TO THE VALLEY!!!! Tons of awesone folks out here
Old 10-26-2014, 08:15 AM

Fine. I'll churp in..

I have never had anything bad to say about albert or Paul at the store, always treated with respect and helped when i first started years ago. If you liked them on Facebook, you would see they were busy doing a install!!!. I agree with the fact of owning a small business is hard, yet keeping someone around for when you have to step out even harder... GIVE THEM A BREAK!!!

I guarantee if your looking for good quality frags and corals IN A LOCAL STORE, you won't find better.. knowledge is key too. They are both very smart when it comes to this stuff..

Go pay a visit!!!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Smile White Flag?

Understandable the challenges involved in running a small business. I think I speak for everyone when I say hell ya support the local guy (as long as he is not raping you and knows he is). Especially since I had already noted they had a great selection, and quality looking livestock....Both reasons why I have made repeated trips and took the time to detour specifically to visit the shop. Only to find a closed shop. Facebook, PM's.... Have we missed the most basic form of communication? A simple, and effective note posted on the door, with a contact number, and I would have grabbed myself and fell to the floor and waited for someone to drop by and let me in. 99 days out of 100 between my job and my family I'm running like my hair is on fire. The most valuable commodity I have is also the most difficult to get....time. I do not know either owner, although it is no secret they are the kind of folks we want to visit when we are stocking our obsessions. The most difficult thing to express in digital communication is tone, intent. Never intended any malicious intent, only tried to express frustration. And yes, if I can get in, I'm still giving them my money. I'd much rather support the local guy than a hack no mind hocking garbage stock or a corporate machine.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
Understandable the challenges involved in running a small business. I think I speak for everyone when I say hell ya support the local guy (as long as he is not raping you and knows he is). Especially since I had already noted they had a great selection, and quality looking livestock....Both reasons why I have made repeated trips and took the time to detour specifically to visit the shop. Only to find a closed shop. Facebook, PM's.... Have we missed the most basic form of communication? A simple, and effective note posted on the door, with a contact number, and I would have grabbed myself and fell to the floor and waited for someone to drop by and let me in. 99 days out of 100 between my job and my family I'm running like my hair is on fire. The most valuable commodity I have is also the most difficult to get....time. I do not know either owner, although it is no secret they are the kind of folks we want to visit when we are stocking our obsessions. The most difficult thing to express in digital communication is tone, intent. Never intended any malicious intent, only tried to express frustration. And yes, if I can get in, I'm still giving them my money. I'd much rather support the local guy than a hack no mind hocking garbage stock or a corporate machine.
Exactly!!! Help our locals and keep the stores alive.. we don't have many around here, which kinda sucks. But I fully agree with the no time and then going to see it closed.. I too, never have a second to breathe usually...

But besides Facebook and social media.. we still have our phones to make a call...
It's good to voice our opinions for sure...
Old 10-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
I don't know how to respond to this. If this is the Gary I'm thinking of, I do believe we had previously tried to make some arrangements and I did my best to follow up on it. Again, I'm really sorry to have wasted your time, but we did have a dialogue and I'm a little perplexed as to how that communication broke down. Hell, I have your number on my cellphone still. But it is what it is.
Might be another Gary bud. Until this thread I had no idea you were a part of the store. Otherwise you would have had a heads up I was looking.

Last edited by Cujo#31; 10-27-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Can't spell. LMMFAO
Old 10-27-2014, 05:59 AM

brittanyk is on a distinguished road

Yup so I moved to the valley lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2014, 04:08 AM

Cameron is on a distinguished road

Also in Abby. South near the university. I have some GSP for free if you like.