Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-06-2013, 05:19 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Love the setup and how the corals look some pretty awesome pictures of coral and fish you got there
Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
Hey Kien, thanks, I'm starting to be super pleased! Yes those are AI SOL's over my tank. Seem to be growing my SPS nicely too. These pictures area little bit older, the corals are quite a bit larger now.
Cool. My light fixture is acting wonky on me these days. I'm hoping I just need new T5 bulbs but it may end up being a bigger problem. If so, I'll be on the hunt for a new light setup..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 AM

Snufflupagus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Love the setup and how the corals look some pretty awesome pictures of coral and fish you got there
Thanks I appreciate that! I'll get some more photos hopefully this weekend.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Cool. My light fixture is acting wonky on me these days. I'm hoping I just need new T5 bulbs but it may end up being a bigger problem. If so, I'll be on the hunt for a new light setup..
Well I hope new T5 bulbs work for you, but I must say I love my lights and they are growing both LPS and SPS great in my tank. They were easy to program and easy to figure out the levels the lights needed to be at, but like all the threads have said, start low and increase slowly, I had a few SPS burn at the start because I was to high, but they are coming back now after many months of staying white.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:23 AM

explor3r is on a distinguished road

Looking very good there, if you dont mind sharing your light intensity very curious to see whats working for you. I used to have 4 SOLS over my 72x30x22 tank and I went back to T5s (60" 8x80w ATI) and sometimes I regret it but sometimes I don't...lol I miss the pop out .
Old 09-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explor3r View Post
Looking very good there, if you dont mind sharing your light intensity very curious to see whats working for you. I used to have 4 SOLS over my 72x30x22 tank and I went back to T5s (60" 8x80w ATI) and sometimes I regret it but sometimes I don't...lol I miss the pop out .
Sure I can no problem! Personally I love these LED lights and I've never had a major problem with them. Here is what I'm using for my light schedule, I've been thinking about changing the length of on time, but right now everything is working so why change right?

8:00am w0b04r04 10min ramp
9:30am w03b07r07 10min ramp
10:30am w20b27r25 10min ramp
11:30am w45b35r30 14min ramp
4:00pm w50b40r43 10min ramp
8:00pm w20b33r22 10min ramp
8:30pm w08b30r30 5min ramp
10:00pm w0b10r10 5min ramp
11:00pm w0b0r0 10min ramp

I've had these setting for a long time now, at least 6 months and the corals love it...I am slowly moving my 4:00pm white intensity up, I'd like to get it to around 60, but I'm doing this very slowly.

Anymore questions please let me know.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:23 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Awesome settings on ai sol Colin, I had similar settings when I ran my ai sols. I would also increased my peak period by 2 % every few week and I use my sunset millie as a indicator. if it starts to bleach then I know my intensity is to wrong but if it keeps getting hotter then I keep going:-). I got to 64% before I switched my lighting to ati led powermodule.

~Tony
Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
Awesome settings on ai sol Colin, I had similar settings when I ran my ai sols. I would also increased my peak period by 2 % every few week and I use my sunset millie as a indicator. if it starts to bleach then I know my intensity is to wrong but if it keeps getting hotter then I keep going:-). I got to 64% before I switched my lighting to ati led powermodule.

~Tony
Thanks Tony! I increased 5% today, we'll see what happens. I know I can increase to the fact that my corals are all growing straight up towards the lights instead of branching out, if I notice some bleaching I'll lower it back down. I think it's one thing I enjoy about LEDs, you can play with the settings as little or as much as your want.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Get a sunset millie! They love light and flow and have amazing polyp extension when happy. Making it a perfect cardinal for my tank, if it's not doing well or happy then ill know something things wrong with my tank.

~Tony

Last edited by thmh; 09-07-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
Get a sunset millie! They love light and flow and have amazing polyp extension when happy. Making it a perfect cardinal for my tank, if it's not doing well or happy then ill know something things wrong.

~Tony
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes open for one.