Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

I stopped using filter socks before the skimmer compartment for 2 reasons first they are a PITA to clean and second I think it's better to let the skimmer to skim out the bad stuff from the DT and then filter the water leaving the skimmer compartment. I use rolled filter media in the narrow bubble trap compartment just before the water goes to the return pump compartment so the returning water to the DT is very clean. There is all kinds of opinions on sumps and there use , this configuration works very well for me and my DT water is pristine all the time.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

my 150 is raised to 7.5" in my sump and i had a brief period of success but it's been slightly green water in there ever since. anytime i check the foam column it seems to be collapsed. the gunk is always on the neck no matter how i've tried to adjust it. my venturi intake nozzle thing is fully closed...
Old 11-24-2014, 06:02 AM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
my 150 is raised to 7.5" in my sump and i had a brief period of success but it's been slightly green water in there ever since. anytime i check the foam column it seems to be collapsed. the gunk is always on the neck no matter how i've tried to adjust it. my venturi intake nozzle thing is fully closed...
I find this too. I've disassembled, I've run in vinegar etc. far too many things I've done for this thing. Would rather return and start with a new one at this point. And I think that's fair. When I first got it, it was great.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:04 AM

FitoPharmer is on a distinguished road

You can come over and see how my 150 is setup or I can test yours in my tank for a while.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:13 AM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

thanks I'll keep that in mind