Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 05-10-2015, 11:06 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Hey Dom, do you need those specifically or just some 12 pin connectors? I can take a look in my own stock of stuff and also look at Lee's next time I'm there (probably some time mid-week?) and I can send them over to you.

How many are you needing?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:09 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Well, dog gone it, I wasn't able to do things how I wanted. Turns out these HLG drivers cannot dim to zero, and if I wanted to use them I'd have to relay the power to the driver to turn them off. Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed, but I have only myself to blame for either not remembering that, or not doing enough research on them in the first place. The dimmest they get is almost 50%
If I knew a bit more about arduino programming language I think I could do it, but I'm not there. I have an extra Arduino Mega board, I'll probably keep the drivers and play with it over the next year or two and see if I can get it working, but for now I scrapped the idea, removed them from the system and built another LDD board for the XML LED's. They're going to be severely underpowered but I still think I'm going to have a lot of light. A total of 156 Cree and Exotic LED's.

Everything works fine now, but I am going to tweek some of the proto boards over the summer and swap them in for what there's now, so no real down time for the lighting.

Hopefully get some pics up of the finished product here in the next few days.
Only 50%? That weird. They should go down to minimum 10%, and probably even as low as 1% if wired properly. Might be limited by the Arduino code? If you email a copy of the Arduino sketch and I take a quick read through and see if the problem is in there.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:13 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve! Long time no see
Ya, it was weird. I got so frustrated, I ended up yanking the HLG drivers out and went with LDD's for now. I still want to get it figured out, but with water in the tank I wanted to get some lights up.

Pm me your e-mail and I'll send you the sketch or put it on dropbox or something.
So because I ended up not using the drivers, I didn't need the PWM converter, and thus no longer need the connectors, lol.