Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-30-2019, 02:36 AM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road
Default IM 25g AIO build

Starting a build thread for my new(to me) IM 25g lagoon AIO tank. I'm going to use this tank as a temp home for my inhabitants of my 75 gallon during my move in October. Unless this tank goes well then I might keep it running. So this will be a 2 for 1. Build thread and moving thread.

The plan is to setup the 25g at the new place in kelowna then move fish and corals separately so I have a tank setup and ready to go when I get there.

Since my 75 gallon hasn't been a big success I won't have too much to move over. Hopefully reef tank number 2 will be a better outcome.

What's going in the 25g
About 10 frags and a frogspawn colony
2 clowns
1 royal Gramma
1 yellow tang. Honestly concerned how the tang will do. Hoping it's ok in the small tank for awhile, but I might have to re-home it.

Here's what came with the tank:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2019, 02:40 AM

I still need to get a power head, ato and a top of some sort to keep fish in and cats out. Anyone have some good recommendations for nano ato and power head?

Tonight I glued together my aquascape using milliput I got from j&l. Works really well and much better than the last epoxy I tried. Once they are done drying I'm going to put the rocks in a Rubbermaid and start building up some bacteria on them so they are ready for the move.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:58 AM

Dash is on a distinguished road

Hope things go well for you! Good luck
Old 08-30-2019, 05:29 PM

Synthesis is on a distinguished road

Tagging along as I also have the same tank! I love it.

Careful with the light you have. You will easily provide to much with the corals being that high so you should make sure you keep the intensity down with the frogspawns. I have the AI 26HD over mine and its running at 30% and still seems to be almost too much for my hammer and torch. Just play around with it and see how things work for you.

I would personally advise against a tang in the tank you have. I would love a tang, just not enough swimming room for them. Perhaps if you went with a baby tang (really small) that might work for a while until it outgrew the tank?
Old 08-30-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
Tagging along as I also have the same tank! I love it.

Careful with the light you have. You will easily provide to much with the corals being that high so you should make sure you keep the intensity down with the frogspawns. I have the AI 26HD over mine and its running at 30% and still seems to be almost too much for my hammer and torch. Just play around with it and see how things work for you.

I would personally advise against a tang in the tank you have. I would love a tang, just not enough swimming room for them. Perhaps if you went with a baby tang (really small) that might work for a while until it outgrew the tank?

Good to know about the lights. As I was doing the rock scape I was thinking I really hope this isn't too tall... I guess we will find out.

Ya I'm on the fence about the tang. It's not near full grown so I am hoping it will be fine in there until I get the 75 gallon moved and setup again. If it's stressed then I will have to rehome it.

What do you use for ATO and powerhead in your tank. There really isn't much room in the back of the tank. My ATK, which I use on the 75 gallon wouldn't fit in there.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:09 AM

Thanhk87 is on a distinguished road

I got a IM 25 lagoon top that i no longer need.
Let me know if you want it. Not the greatest shape but will do the trick. Also have the clip for that too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanhk87 View Post
I got a IM 25 lagoon top that i no longer need.
Let me know if you want it. Not the greatest shape but will do the trick. Also have the clip for that too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I would be interested. How much are you asking, have any pics of it?

Got the rocks into a container today. Added some salt and a cube of mysis to start the cycle.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:03 AM

Not too much to update on with the build. Picked up some new toys for the tank though. 

And the rocks have ammonia!

Old 09-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Cycle is coming along. Ammonia and nitrites now. The plan is to keep feeding the rocks until the move.

We now know where we will be moving to so I can finally start to plan the logistics of getting everything there alive.

I am thinking corals in one bucket and fish, snails and urchin in another. Would it be a good idea to bag the corals separately instead of having them all in one bucket moving around?

Would the coral bucket need an airstone or just a heater?

As for things that I need for the tank, I still need a good ato reservoir and a new ro/di unit. Anyone have any recommendations for a good ro/di unit that would be good with the harder water in kelowna? The current unit I have I got for free and the cartridges are $250 each to replace.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:56 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Corals will be stressed no matter the move. The biggest thing is your corals will be slamming around in to one another. When I did my move I utilized a variety of buckets (5g pails and placed corals in a bunch of them. Once at my new house I transferred everything in to a Rubbermaid / stock tank. Spread everything out with a heater and power head. Didn’t lose a fish or coral, so I considered that a successful move. Your bound to break a few branches on the sps... frags