Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorySaid View Post
But aquaforest salt is not the cheapest salt so for those of us that changed were expecting results of some sort. Because as good of a deal aquaforest products are, their reef salts are still a lot more than the cheapest on sale such as Instant Ocean.
When I purchased it I bought it on Amazon for $39 a large box delivered. It was the cheapest salt at the time.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:05 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

*sigh* I miss the cheap salt pail days.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:50 PM

1bigfish is on a distinguished road
Default Aqua forest reef salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefMadness View Post
the thread is asking peoples experiences with aquaforest salt (most of which use their reef salt) so it only makes sense that people reply with their reactions so i'm not sure what else there is to say about that.
otherwise, i don't think its a matter so much of a simple salt change causing adverse reactions in peoples systems. it's more about people switching to a "carbon enhanced" salt that also focuses on adding trace elements. in my case my tank didn't need those secret additives and it sent my tank into a tailspin that was resolved when i changed out of it.
personally, i feel like it is a salt that better suits biologically established systems as you'll also see many complains about new systems struggling with it. especially ones that start with dry-dead rock.
When I started this thread, I was specifically asking for experience with reef salt not pro biotic salt. This is great to read everyones experience with aqua forest products.
I have been using fritz rpm, numbers mix up great and I can use it in 20 minutes.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:33 PM

DorySaid is on a distinguished road

The bottom line for me is that companies such as aquaforest or two little fishies I believe win me over for the simple reason that their owners are hobbyists themselves and own beautiful tanks. I'm pretty confident that whatever they manufacture, they test in real world settings on their own setups versus random companies just simply trying to make profit.