Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 05-11-2015, 03:58 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road
Default Fish stocking input

Ok, so here's a bit of a final list that I'm thinking I will have in my 6' X 24" X 30" - 210 gallon.

1 - yellow tang
1 - Desjardini sailfin tang
1 - blonde naso tang
The wife wants a hippo tang, but I'm not sure...
1 - flame angel
1 - starry blennie
1 - yellow watchman/pistol shrimp combo
2 - true percula clowns
3 - green chromis
6 - Lyretail Anthias 1 male - 5 female
a few skunk cleaner shrimp
1 - coral banded shrimp

1 - RBTA
3-4 maxi mini's
1 - tuxedo urchin
1 - halloween urchin
various LPS, SPS and soft coral
Misc snail CUC

I would also like to add a couple of Wrasses - I'm looking at a Carpenters (or perhaps a McKoskers) and a Exquisite wrasse.

I would really like honest comments. If you really think the Sailfin and Naso are going be highly uncomfortable in a 210, let me know now (although it is honestly not what I want to hear, lol) but I need to hear it if it's the truth.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:24 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty reasonable to me
Old 05-11-2015, 06:01 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Ok, so here's a bit of a final list that I'm thinking I will have in my 6' X 24" X 30" - 210 gallon.

1 - yellow tang
1 - Desjardini sailfin tang
1 - blonde naso tang
The wife wants a hippo tang, but I'm not sure...
1 - flame angel
1 - starry blennie
1 - yellow watchman/pistol shrimp combo
2 - true percula clowns
3 - green chromis
6 - Lyretail Anthias 1 male - 5 female
a few skunk cleaner shrimp
1 - coral banded shrimp

1 - RBTA
3-4 maxi mini's
1 - tuxedo urchin
1 - halloween urchin
various LPS, SPS and soft coral
Misc snail CUC

I would also like to add a couple of Wrasses - I'm looking at a Carpenters (or perhaps a McKoskers) and a Exquisite wrasse.

I would really like honest comments. If you really think the Sailfin and Naso are going be highly uncomfortable in a 210, let me know now (although it is honestly not what I want to hear, lol) but I need to hear it if it's the truth.
Yellow naso, redsea sailfin, and hippo(I think you will love the color combo) will be great additions to the tank, I would take out the flame, yellow watchman and pistol combo (or just the pistol it self) I was annoyed with it clicking all the time all through the night. Starry blenny is cool when they are young but I think there are so many others that would be more interesting. Lastly, I think the chromis could be replaced by some bangaii cardinals.

This is just some of my suggestions, really it all boils down to personal preferences. After all, it is your tank.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 05-11-2015, 06:17 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

for me if i had a tank that size, a group of 8 yellow tangs would look cool with a hippo for color and blond naso just love that fish. chevron or a achilles would be great choices as well. Man I wish i could upgrade to a bigger tank.
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 05-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I had 4 tangs in the 180, good for a while and then it went horribly wrong.

If you like chromis, look at some vanderbuilts, nicer fish and don't kill each other.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:41 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I had 4 tangs in the 180, good for a while and then it went horribly wrong.

If you like chromis, look at some vanderbuilts, nicer fish and don't kill each other.
lol i currently have 3 in my system with foxface and have had them for 4+ years. I agree with the chromis they look good initially but in time your left with one lol. vanderbuilts sound interesting i should look into those.
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

I would change out the chromis for either Vanderbilts Chromis or Allen's Damsels. I have 18 Allen's Damsel in my coral tank and they hang around in the same area. Very beautiful fish.

I would recommend putting the two sailfins in as the last tangs and also at the same time due to their similar body shape. Another nice fish is the Orange Spotted Rabbitfish from Fiji.

Rich is right... I would also remove the pistol shrimp as it will drive you nuts. The Blue Spotted Jawfish are very cool too. I would recommend one of them over the Yellow Watchman but both are equally peaceful.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 PM

rsisvixen is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't recommend the vanderbuilts, from my personal experience they are incredibly prone to ick and just die at the drop of a hat.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:21 AM

The chromis I have already, and being in Port Alberni means not a whole lot of options for selling/giving away. So that's the only reason I have them on the list. As they die off, I'll definitely look at the Vanderbilt as a replacement option. Unless I can find someone to take them with the bicolor pseudo chromis that is certainly not making the transition to the bigger tank.
I also have the yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp. Yes, he does snap a lot, but after having him 3 years already, I'm used to him.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:22 AM

Any thoughts on the Wrasse I have listed? Any issues or suggestions for substitutions?