Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 01-22-2016, 04:00 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Annual tank tour

Starting with my tank this Sunday we are doing our annual tank tours again this year I believe this is the 10th year for it and it promises to be a good one with some new tanks being shown and some of the local reefers have upgraded their tanks so it promises to be a good year for us in the local community
Old 01-22-2016, 04:38 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Thanks for the reminder Dean. Sometimes it feels like no one (local) is listening on here so I haven't been bothering. But just in case there is a lurker out there in internet land here is this years lineup for the 10th Annual Reef Tank Tour:

First up we've got Dean Soiland with his 90gal reef on Sunday January 24th 12-4pm at 2047 MacDonald Ave.

Next up I'll show my newly upgraded 225gal reef on Sunday January 31st 12-4pm 10773 Jensen Road.

The third is Loyd Sopel showing his ~200gal reef for the first time on Sunday February 7th 12-4pm 1145 McGregor Ave.

Fourth will be Craig Hadley with his 120gal reef on Sunday February 21st from 12-4pm at 5924 Montgomery Cres.

Fifth is the UNBC 135gal reef on Sunday March 6th from 12-4pm on the third floor of the Teaching Lab Building up on campus courtesy of Ken Otter.

And finally at some point afterwards or perhaps somewhere in-between the legendary Doug Parkes will grace us with his very mature 135gal reef once again.

If anyone would like regular reminders via email shoot me a PM or if you're into Facebook we've got a pretty popular group going called the Prince George B.C. Salt Water Community. Not only are all of the events listed there but it has also become a very good medium for organizing local group orders and selling off unwanted equipment and livestock without the need for out of town shipping.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 03-15-2016, 03:41 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Our annual tank tour is slowly coming to an end and it was a pretty big success this year I believe 7 tanks were viewed to date and had a lot of people show up including a lot of new and out of town people which was good to see. I am missing some of the tank tour shots but these should help visualize what we have in town

Here are some selected shots from the tours hope you enjoy as much as we did

This FTS is from one of the longest running SW tanks in town

UNBC tank

Old 03-15-2016, 05:12 AM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing. I'm
Going to try and set one of these you for the okanagan!