Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > fijireefrock.com

Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road
Default bio pellets

I place this post to see how much interest there are for being a Canadian supplier for Bio pellets derived from
100% PHA (
Polyhydroxyalkanoates)

This the purest form of bio pellets NOT CORN, GRASS OR OTHER DERIVATIVE MIXES THAT SOME COMPANIES ARE SELLING NO DISCOLORING YELLOW OR OFF WHITE NO LIGHT REQUIRED FOR BACTERIA GROWTH.SIMPLY PURE NATURAL WHITE PRODUCT.

Place into your reactor and watch it do its business you will start seeing the changes in a matter of few days.

Any imput on any product as bio pellet you have experienced is most appreciated as it will help us weither to carry it or not.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:19 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

What brand of pellets are you thinking of Eli?

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
What brand of pellets are you thinking of Eli?
There is only a handful of manufacturers that produce PHA bio pellets that is (Polyhydroxyalkanoates) as the rest produce bio pellets derived from corn and other ions as described above.
That is the reason I do not supply nor willing to carry any of the pet store distributed bio pellets product.
The product that is on hand is a higher grade with better results and still feasibly for us to use in aquariums.
(not trying to decrease quality of any other product out in the market simply stating some facts)
Old 07-06-2011, 06:15 AM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

In the spirit of "stating some facts," would it be possible for you to list the names of the major brands, and what derivation each is made from? I think that would go a long way in helping us decide what's best for our reefs.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
There is only a handful of manufacturers that produce PHA bio pellets that is (Polyhydroxyalkanoates) as the rest produce bio pellets derived from corn and other ions as described above.
That is the reason I do not supply nor willing to carry any of the pet store distributed bio pellets product.
The product that is on hand is a higher grade with better results and still feasibly for us to use in aquariums.
(not trying to decrease quality of any other product out in the market simply stating some facts)

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGQ View Post
In the spirit of "stating some facts," would it be possible for you to list the names of the major brands, and what derivation each is made from? I think that would go a long way in helping us decide what's best for our reefs.
Thanks.

Under regulations(my own) as a retailer/distributor I cannot specifically state any names of suppliers or businesses of what they carry for packaged product as the end results could lead to law suite.
I could simply inform about the different types of pellets being used in the market with the good and bad of each type. I will give a little information every day on a different type being used.

Last edited by eli@fijireefrock.com; 07-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

From my understanding the PHA type are usually or perhaps always the cylinder type. Ie. BRS, SWC, new NP.

As far as I know though the PHA pellets are not white...never seen any pure white pellets.

I always recommend people go with PHA type pellet....hope you get them...just one more great product you will carry.