Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

D700 with a grip is still the better fast action camera. What are your thoughts on the wide primes. I have been debating one for sometime now. Also the 200 f2 would make me happy
Old 09-24-2013, 12:18 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Sorry if I'm hijacking. I own that camera and it worked great for me in Mexico for the last 2 weeks. But my question is: what settings have those that own this camera have on it when taking pics under LEDs in their tanks to NOT get the cartoonish look?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 AM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
D700 with a grip is still the better fast action camera. What are your thoughts on the wide primes. I have been debating one for sometime now. Also the 200 f2 would make me happy
If you want the best primes, buy ziess but it's manual focus

I want the 24mm tilt shift lens
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 AM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Sorry if I'm hijacking. I own that camera and it worked great for me in Mexico for the last 2 weeks. But my question is: what settings have those that own this camera have on it when taking pics under LEDs in their tanks to NOT get the cartoonish look?
Depending on what you LEDs are, try adjusting the color temperature, then look at your photos
Old 09-24-2013, 01:25 AM

PFoster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
I've got a Panasonic TS3 (now it's the TS4) and it's by far the best tough camera that I've tested out. I tried out the fujifilm, olympus toughcam, Nikon toughcam, and Sony toughcam (never got a chance to check out the Pentax one). The Panasonic claims to be waterproof to 45 feet (which I tested in Maui) as most other toughcams are only good from 10 - 30 feet of depth. I've also never had a lens fogging issue with it in the 2 years I've had it which is a very common complaint on most waterproof cameras due to design of these cameras.

The camera you posted Jeff is the same one that dreef has and I know he has been happy with it for taking photos in his tank. For the price, the Fujifilm camera is a much better buy than the Panasonic and if you don't plan on taking it snorkeling or scuba diving too deep, it's definately the best bang for your buck.

Forgot to add, I've never had any problem with leaks on the TS3. When I took it down past 40 ft, there was a very slight bit of condensation inside the battery/SD card compartment but not enough to do any damage or worry about. It has a dual rubber gasket with an external lock that pretty much eliminates the possibility of water getting inside the camera.
I have this camera and its amazing!
I have taken mine down to 60 ft
The back screen starts caving in with the pressure and around 50ft the screen gets a blurry spot in the centre and then the camera shut off to avoid harming itself
I have tried several cameras like this such as the nikon and the panasonic is way better.
Never any leaks. takes amazing pic above and below water.

My only complaint is that the GSP locater is a POS basically anywhere off the beaten bath. Didnt work in Roatan. Definitely didnt work anywhere i went in SE asia.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadawg View Post
What do you think or the 28-70mm vs the new 24-70mm?

Yung
Honestly, I haven't tried the new version. I love my 28-70 though. It's a tank. 28 is wide enough to make it a useful landscape lens but it's great for a large family shot. Sometimes I really have to back up if I have the 70-200 on the body when doing a family shoot, then you lose some of the dynamics you have going with the client.