Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 PM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road

It did clear, unfortunately tho, I left the R.O. unit running before leaving for work-on and forgot to turn it off. I was nearly an 8 hour shift at work, when I got a call that there was a "water leak" coming from my unit, and came to over $4,000 worth of damage in 2 different units-mine and the neighbor below.

Spent my entire weekend emptying the condo to rip out the carpet and the underlay. We've had fans in there for 2 days now-buying new underlay today. The tank tho at the time really upset and wanted to let it go-has been moved to storage in our underground storage unit. Gah! we were getting so close! everything has to be on hold while we wait for insurance to call us back.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than going through all that work and someting like this happening. I hope insurance takes care of it for you.

Do you think you will try again?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunee View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than going through all that work and someting like this happening. I hope insurance takes care of it for you.

Do you think you will try again?
I will, I was so upset when it first happened. I knew flooding is always a risk, and really, I was waiting for it to happen-but not to that extent-especially when it was preventable. Eeverything is out right now as we redo the condo. It wouldn't have been a big deal had it been plain water-but it was salt water. Im thankful I didnt have any rock yet.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear that. It is so exciting watching things grow and interact.

One low tech trick I use so that I don't forget to turn something on or off, is that I set a timer that beeps at me. The beeping reminds me I have to take care of it or reset the timer if necessary - so far has worked great.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunee View Post
Glad to hear that. It is so exciting watching things grow and interact.

One low tech trick I use so that I don't forget to turn something on or off, is that I set a timer that beeps at me. The beeping reminds me I have to take care of it or reset the timer if necessary - so far has worked great.
..you're not kidding. I have always had such a problem with forgetting silly little things-but this never! it was a routine thing I did all the time-that why it makes me so upset.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM

Steve'o is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear that Disney
I can only imagine the mess and the clean up.
Steve'o
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

That really sucks, on a plus side at least there wasn't any livestock in the tank yet. I went through a top off disaster with a freind leaving the top off running all night and it ended up killing pretty much everything in the tank Really sucks though having to replace all the flooring
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCoralReef View Post
It did clear, unfortunately tho, I left the R.O. unit running before leaving for work-on and forgot to turn it off. I was nearly an 8 hour shift at work, when I got a call that there was a "water leak" coming from my unit, and came to over $4,000 worth of damage in 2 different units-mine and the neighbor below.

Spent my entire weekend emptying the condo to rip out the carpet and the underlay. We've had fans in there for 2 days now-buying new underlay today. The tank tho at the time really upset and wanted to let it go-has been moved to storage in our underground storage unit. Gah! we were getting so close! everything has to be on hold while we wait for insurance to call us back.

sorry to hear this dear if it wasnt for bad luck thered be no luck at all i wish you the best in repairs and hope its not as bad as it sounds
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Well i guess its time to buy a house now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCoralReef View Post