Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-24-2018, 05:29 AM

ongquang21 is on a distinguished road

Thanks all of you for the thoughts.
In the last few days I got the fish out, put it on wet paper and picked the worms as mush as I could in 2 minutes then put it back in water. I also did one fresh water dip for 150 seconds.
The fish seemed to be happier, swimming around, picking on the rock... for a few days. Now I see some worms pops up again.
I already have Prazipro but hesitate to use since it does work on anchor worm. Im waiting for my Cyropro.
Hi Myka, is it too toxic for the fish if I treat it with prazipro first and then cyropro?

Last edited by ongquang21; 03-24-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:55 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Did you inspect/identify the parasite under magnification?

Last edited by gregzz4; 03-24-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongquang21 View Post
Hi Myka, is it too toxic for the fish if I treat it with prazipro first and then cyropro?
I've not heard of or used Cyropro. PraziPro is very gentle on fish. I use it all all fish that go through my quarantine system.

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Did you inspect/identify the parasite under magnification?
Yes I did. I had been unsuccessfully searching the web. for marching case with picture. But I decided to dose Cyropro today anyway.
Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I've not heard of or used Cyropro. PraziPro is very gentle on fish. I use it all all fish that go through my quarantine system.
I run into one reefkeeper's case on reefcentral. He used prazipro to treat anchor worm but failed so he contacted Hikariusa and got advice to use Cyropro instead.
I did dose Cyropro today. Since it was my first time using it I made big backup plan as:
Mixing 55 galons saltwater.
Draining 50 galons DT water into the sump. Hence, if there is something wrong i have more than 60% untreated water in hand.
Dosing the remained 175 galons in DT( my tank is 290g when it full to the top.)
Checking for coral's reaction carefully for 5 hours.
Everything was normal so I dosed the sump and turned on the return pump.
Wish my own luck.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

Hey all. Yes, I am the seller, and I am sick to my stomach. Had the fish displayed ANY of this it never would have left. It never would have been posted. What I cannot understand, is that I have 12 other fish in the very same display this fish came from. The fish has been in my display for near 6 months and I have been watching the fish in my display even closer than I have ever watched and I am at a loss. I inherited the fish from a very reputable reefer who had the fish several years since juvenile stage. I am not going to stand here and defend myself, other than to say that for as cruel as this may sound, I would have flushed the fish before ever sending it out.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:20 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

And no, none of my fish currently display anything other than normal. The only reason I chose to move the Chevron is because I currently have 5 new additions in their second week of quarantine. One of which has a reputation to be aggressive to similars. Achilles Tang. As the Chevron is a Tang, and very similar in shape and color it was the obvious choice to move. Currently in the display are my prized best buddy 7” Naso, a 3” Sailfin, a 3” Fox face, 4 clowns, a pair of lyretail anthias, a borbonius anthia, a peppermint basslet, a lawnmower blenny, and a mandarin which also meant that IMO if I kept all it would be too many large fish in one display. Tank is 180g if anyone is asking.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:01 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
Hey all. Yes, I am the seller, and I am sick to my stomach. Had the fish displayed ANY of this it never would have left. It never would have been posted. What I cannot understand, is that I have 12 other fish in the very same display this fish came from. The fish has been in my display for near 6 months and I have been watching the fish in my display even closer than I have ever watched and I am at a loss. I inherited the fish from a very reputable reefer who had the fish several years since juvenile stage. I am not going to stand here and defend myself, other than to say that for as cruel as this may sound, I would have flushed the fish before ever sending it out.
Your reputation is still intact.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:13 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Gary, quit posting about this. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongquang21 View Post
I trusted the seller too much so I introduced it to my DT tank without quarantine.
Just to be clear, this is your own fault. It has nothing to do with "trusting the seller", and everything to do with you making a poor decision. There is no proof which system these worms were in. All we know is that this particular fish was susceptible to the worms, wherever they were picked up from.

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

[quote=Myka;1025794]Gary, quit posting about this. Get over it.

Yes ma’am. LMAO