Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-01-2014, 08:07 PM

makana is on a distinguished road

Telus carries two actiontech routers, v1000h and v2000h. Both are VDSL2 devices. There should be a sticker that would give the exact model number of the one you have. Why are you having a new one installed Monday?

The ports on the back should all be labled. Typically you see a WAN port, four LAN ports, a coax hpna connection and one or two DSL connections that fit phone cords, not ethernet.

If you have the v2000h then it may be more complicated as that is actually used for two seperate DSL signals bonded together.

If the address you posted is still current then the only relevent port I see open is 5431.

Livestock: clown fish, chromis, coral beauty.

Corals: Toadstool, maze brain, candy cane, mushrooms (purple & green hairy), button polyps, green zoas, GSP.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:09 PM

You could log in to your telus router and it should give you your current public IP on the main page. You could also paste a screen shot of your port forwarding setup, blur out the port number if you wish.

Corals: Toadstool, maze brain, candy cane, mushrooms (purple & green hairy), button polyps, green zoas, GSP.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 PM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by makana View Post
Telus carries two actiontech routers, v1000h and v2000h. Both are VDSL2 devices. There should be a sticker that would give the exact model number of the one you have. Why are you having a new one installed Monday?

The ports on the back should all be labled. Typically you see a WAN port, four LAN ports, a coax hpna connection and one or two DSL connections that fit phone cords, not ethernet.

If you have the v2000h then it may be more complicated as that is actually used for two seperate DSL signals bonded together.

If the address you posted is still current then the only relevent port I see open is 5431.

Sorry I looked at the wrong tag, its the V2000h, I have no idea why a new one is being installed. I got a call from telus 2 weeks ago saying they needed to change my router/modem.

Yes the ports on the back are labelled. I have 1 wan port, 2 lan ports, 2 covered lan ports and coax, and 2 ports that look like they would fit a phone line.

Yeah that Ip is still current, ill try switching over to port 5431.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:41 PM

I wouldnt use that port if its not the port you setup. How is the v2000 connected to telus? It sounds like it is not by the phone lines, which is how that device was meant to be used and possibly why they are coming back to change it.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Jake, I've tried everything and have given up. I am now hoping they Apex's new Fusion program will work and if not will switch back to Shaw.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 AM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Okay so i've given up on the port forward thing again.

Currently i'm just using a remote desktop connection which seems to be at least allowing me access to the info, even if its a little slower than the app.

Hopefully apex fusion will fix this issue.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

You home tonight?