Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

View Poll Results: Vote for "Best Tank"
Chaloupa's 5.5G Primary Colors Tank 48 39.34%
superduperwesman's 10G Plate coral Nano Tank 13 10.66%
sphelps 10G Intelligent Reef 41 33.61%
Rocketlily's Damsel in Zoanthidland 10g Nano 17 13.93%
noirsphynx's 10g Nano Reef 3 2.46%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
well unfortunately the voting system has a flaw, it's pretty easy for someone to sign up multiple accounts using different IP addresses. I noticed a big jump last night and I also noticed a few new members also signed up at the same time and I also have a hard time understanding why so many people vote for the one and not the other, a few is understandable but 36? I also don't recall ever seeing a poll with so many votes. Keep in mind this wouldn't be the first time, and this time a real prize is involved so I think the threat is there.

But these are just observations I do think that if someone really is cheating they need serious help, it's just a silly contest and you've got way too much time on your hands.
I agree with what others have said regarding the innovative versus best tank...most wouldn't know which was the most innovative but really know what they like....Best tank is an easy one to vote for....innovative not so much....

Since mine and yours are the ones with the big jump and you are the one complaining......that would lead me to believe that you are accusing me. What is the problem...you start to fall below and then have to lash out?? I have done NOTHING to influence any votes, to encourage people to sign up and vote for me, nor to throw this out of balance. I want to win based on my tank and my tank only.

It IS just a silly contest, but one that if you don't win it seems you must slam me. NICE. I caused no problems during the contest, was never rude, or obnoxious to anyone and just played by the complete set of rules that was handed out at the beginning. I never questioned it nor did I try to sneak in any coral that was worth WAY ABOVE the claimed cost and say I got it for a great deal, and even though a very large price was paid according to the rules it was claimed as previously owned and claimed on size due to the rules. I claimed my frags and corals as what I PAID. 3 polyps at $45.00....etc as that is what I paid....could've just claimed a small Zoa frag price and had a ton of room in my budget for some stunning pieces. But I didn't. I DO believe in honesty.

I play within the rules...end of story. If people like my tank, so be it. If people like your tank, again so be it. If people like any of the tanks that is fantastic as most of us in the contest really tried our hardest and managed to build some amazing little tanks. If I lose I will be a good loser, if you lose can you say the same??

I will NOT have my integrity and honesty questioned by YOU. I have spoken to a mod and have advised them that I will have a decision on whether or not I will continue in the contest after such accusations by you. End of story. I do not want a rebuttal from you, but I also know that you will feel compelled to write one.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:18 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
I think of it like this. Anyone can answer to what flavor of ice cream they like best, but can they answer which they think is the most innovative? I think it can apply easily to many different examples. Everyone knows what they like the best, its easy however being "most innovative" makes people have to work harder to choose one. Sometimes they come up with something sometimes they don't.
I guess that makes sense and I guess this thread has been in the portal a little more cause it's had a little more discussion. I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have my say and click some buttons on something I can't totally decide rather than just opt out, but like I said, we're all different.. sometimes its just hard to understand our differences but what you're saying makes sense, but I'd still rather vote than not ahah

Last edited by superduperwesman; 04-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I agree with what others have said regarding the innovative versus best tank...most wouldn't know which was the most innovative but really know what they like....Best tank is an easy one to vote for....innovative not so much....

Since mine and yours are the ones with the big jump and you are the one complaining......that would lead me to believe that you are accusing me. What is the problem...you start to fall below and then have to lash out?? I have done NOTHING to influence any votes, to encourage people to sign up and vote for me, nor to throw this out of balance. I want to win based on my tank and my tank only.

It IS just a silly contest, but one that if you don't win it seems you must slam me. NICE. I caused no problems during the contest, was never rude, or obnoxious to anyone and just played by the complete set of rules that was handed out at the beginning. I never questioned it nor did I try to sneak in any coral that was worth WAY ABOVE the claimed cost and say I got it for a great deal, and even though a very large price was paid according to the rules it was claimed as previously owned and claimed on size due to the rules. I claimed my frags and corals as what I PAID. 3 polyps at $45.00....etc as that is what I paid....could've just claimed a small Zoa frag price and had a ton of room in my budget for some stunning pieces. But I didn't. I DO believe in honesty.

I play within the rules...end of story. If people like my tank, so be it. If people like your tank, again so be it. If people like any of the tanks that is fantastic as most of us in the contest really tried our hardest and managed to build some amazing little tanks. If I lose I will be a good loser, if you lose can you say the same??

I will NOT have my integrity and honesty questioned by YOU. I have spoken to a mod and have advised them that I will have a decision on whether or not I will continue in the contest after such accusations by you. End of story. I do not want a rebuttal from you, but I also know that you will feel compelled to write one.

WOW, settle down friend. Never did I accuse anyone, I just stated some of my observations as someone mentioned the difference in votes. Like I said I wasn't looking for trouble and there's certainly no need to blow this out of proportion, oh wait too late you already did, congratulations.

Last edited by sphelps; 04-27-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 PM

I was just hoping to get some discussion going to keep these threads were people can see them to hopefully snag a few more voters but it looks like the plan only worked for the one thread and not in the best way... my bad
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 AM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
I was just hoping to get some discussion going to keep these threads were people can see them to hopefully snag a few more voters but it looks like the plan only worked for the one thread and not in the best way... my bad
I agree with everything you tried (too many smilies) to keep this on the front page. I would have like to seen this poll on the front page for awhile. Not your fault it got turned around.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 AM

I couldn't thank you enough for keeping it up to the top as you have been trying to do! I would like to have seen both polls take the first page by storm! Much more visibility that way! Thank you for the effort and don't give up on it! There is always discussion that comes out of threads, some good some bad and some anywhere in between!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Well the latest poll is supposed to automatically go on the front page. I'm not sure what is up with that. I never go to the front page, I go directly to the index so I had no idea this was happening. I've PMed Titus.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM

Tomorrow is the last day of voting
Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Last day of voting
Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 PM

for the last day to vote..come on everyone VOTE!