Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Do you at least get to use some power tools in the guest room? I don't even have the space here anymore.
Our master suite is still a suite, but as for the rest of our house, we can only blame ourselves. The master ensuite is my RO room. The middle bedroom is the wife's 'change room' as we lined the whole thing with shelves and cabinets ( clothes horse for a wife ), the front bedroom became my office ( thank god for my little bit of space, I even had to fight for the closet for my guitar gear ), the recroom became a work-out room that I have to constantly clear to use .... god forbid I'd like a work-out .... recycling, empty boxes, know what I mean? It piles up fast when you turn your back.
But, there still isn't anywhere to use serious power tools without making a bad mess on some kind of carpet

Anyway, I hope you make out well with your sealing.
As for me, the upside is I have AC in my office, so I'm currently using it's fresh-air feature to blow away the stink of the fresh silly-cone.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

You do realize I'm gonna need some pics of the Camaro. I have a 68 in my garage, I get ****ed every time I have to do some wood work and get sawdust all over it.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM

fishmanty is on a distinguished road
Default Camaros

Just do what we did with our pair of '69 camaros; Find a car storage facility like the one in Dewinton (small town south of Calgary) to store them. When you want to take one out you call them and they take it off the lift, detach the tenders, and have it ready to roll for when you arrive. Or just sell it to my brother, he's looking for a '69.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanty View Post
Just do what we did with our pair of '69 camaros; Find a car storage facility like the one in Dewinton (small town south of Calgary) to store them. When you want to take one out you call them and they take it off the lift, detach the tenders, and have it ready to roll for when you arrive. Or just sell it to my brother, he's looking for a '69.
I second the car storage facility. Well worth your sanity.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

We've got an entire shop In our garage too. But put the cars in as well. When we work the cars go outside.

Although my mom does have green general paint marks on her white car

Last edited by MarkoD; 03-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Sell me the Camaro, problem solved! I feel your pain, back in October I spent a pretty big chunk of change on a co2 laser, only had the opportunity to play with it for about an hour, my shop is currently storing furniture from my mother inlaw.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

um, why don't you just buy a 100 buck car cover for the camaro and drive it out of the garage while you need the space.

I had this problem in the old house, add a long table jointer, second router table, and a few others, and had to re-organize the garage everytime I wanted to do something.

when I moved to kamloops we bought a house with a double garage attached and a 30' x 40' shop in the back yard. although I still can't do anything in there as I am still sorting and culling junk from the move

after that I have to insulate, do a bit more wiring, install the heating system and then drywall. then I will have my shop.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

You're going to have to post pics of the car you know.

Yeah I can relate. But I do have the luxury of parking outside if I need to work on a project.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
On Hiatus

Paying for storage just wouldn't be worth it. Not being able to take it out on a minute's notice is no fun.
Pulling it out and setting up the equipment turned out to be a pain.
Selling it is NOT going to happen, no matter how much it gets in the way. If the wife ever considered that, I would have her commited
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 AM
On Hiatus

I don't have any decent shots of her. I gotta take some this summer with my new camera. These are older shots when we first took possession.

And when I got tired of fixing the wife's 20 year old Olds, I talked her into buying this 2010 RS. We ended up keeping the Olds anyway.