Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish > Seahorse

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road
Default would like your input please on seahorses

discloser: i promise not to hound ppl with seahorses with a million questions or beg them to sell me seahorses. also i promise not to make other names and pretend im someone else with more experiance cause i have none and thats why im asking these questions.

now first question i have is other than the obvious carnivorious fish are there specific fish thats best not to house with seahorses i am ultimately thinking of one seahorse maybe a pair max.

the tank im thinking of adding them into is my 50g with the low flow it has going on in it. i am going to plan a few sps and and maybe alea plants for hold spots.

as well i know seahorses are verytricky to care for. any hints or tips would be helpful.

imnot saying im going togo out and purchase any right away i hope to research and get all info possible. for the next 3 to 6 months. i dont know of anyone in my area who has kept any. to lean on for ideas.

hopefully someone is willing to take me under thier wing and point me inall the right directions.. i will post allmy questions on this thread for ppl to answer if they wish to

thanks in advance
jeff

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428