Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-25-2020, 10:08 PM

Slayer33 is on a distinguished road
Default Kamoer Products? Neptune ATK V2?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone has any feedback on Kamoer products? Specifically the Kamoer ATO One SE and the X1 Dosing pump?

I have both as my LFS said they're great, but after trying to find any info on them its pretty hard to get any idea if these are reliable products? The ATO is cheap.. less than $100.. saving $ is great but not at the expense of a crap part that may prove to cost me more if it fails.

I was going to go with the Neptune ATK V2 since I have an Apex EL, but I've read a lot of bad reviews on this ATO also but perhaps the 2nd Gen version is better??

For the dosing pump, I really don't need the X1, I have been using the Jebao DP-4 for a couple years now and I've adjusted it well and is working great. I could return both and get the ATK V2 or spend that money on a Roller Mat or a DOS.

My current ATO is a Tunze Osmolator Nano.. it works but the float sticks once in a while and I'm upgrading tanks from a 55 gallon to a RSR 625XXL.

Thoughts on Kamoer and Neptune ATK V2?
Old 05-26-2020, 02:41 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

I have the Kamoer dosing pump (wifi version) been using it for several years no issues. Easy to adjust and work with. I have nothing to compare it to as it is the only unit I have ever used.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:12 AM

kyl is on a distinguished road

A Tunze 3155 is pretty much bulletproof.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:19 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Just get a float valve ATO. Can't beat the old reliable systems. All plastic and rubber and only one moving part. Bullet proof. And cheap. You can tie the 1/4" hose into a cheap low flow aquaclear powerheads pump using a 3/4" to 1/4" reducer.

https://www.amazon.com/AquaClear-Pow.../dp/B00025656Q

This style in particular. You can leave the air line input on the pump output open. That way when the float valve is in closed position the pump can still move some water and not seize up.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:23 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

I started with a Jebao 4 channel on the reef tank and swapped it out with a Kamoer F4 for improved peace of mind. The kamoer heads are clearly higher quality than the jebao unit and I'd get the kamoer over the jebao any day because it's easier to program.

The F4 was not simple to set up on the Wifi initially (and I'm trained with industry experience in enterprise wireless networking). Once it's set up though it's far easier to program than the jebao because I just have to set the total amount of dosing for each channel per day, start & stop period, and how many times, and it calculates everything else itself. If I notice my kH changing I just raise/lower the 2 part channels' totals and I'm done. With the jebao it was a re-calculation for all sorts of crap and it took forever to punch in on the little LCD/button UI. But if you don't know much about networking and your router can't bridge your wireless devices together then you're going to have a bad time. In that case I'd recommend something with a bluetooth connection since it'll be more straight forward.

The Kamoer also maintains an estimate of how much fluid is left and it's fairly accurate.

My main criticism of the Kamoer units is you HAVE to use an app from the app store to use them. If the company ever goes under, your functional unit is garbage. I wish they had web interfaces you could connect to with a regular browser but that's not included at that price point.

I've used the kamoer for over a year now and the jebao for 2 years.