Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 PM

gridley is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply Kien - I managed to catch him in just the right pose for his portrait. And yea, I had heard that he packs somewhat of a bite! I'll make sure I keep my fingers clear.
90g mixed reef (eventually!); 23g sump; 20g QT; Waveline DC-5000 return; 2 Radions; 2 Vortech MP10s; Koralia 3; ELOS ATO with 14g ATO tank; RLSS R8 skimmer; BRS reactor - GFO/Carbon; filter socks; Puratek RO/DI
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85303
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 PM
ChizerBunoi

That fox looks fantastic.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizerBunoi View Post
That fox looks fantastic.
Thanks!
90g mixed reef (eventually!); 23g sump; 20g QT; Waveline DC-5000 return; 2 Radions; 2 Vortech MP10s; Koralia 3; ELOS ATO with 14g ATO tank; RLSS R8 skimmer; BRS reactor - GFO/Carbon; filter socks; Puratek RO/DI
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM

Last weekend was a step towards our desire for a mixed reef tank- we added our first piece of coral - we decided to start with what we have been told was the easiest. We placed it right at the bottom of the tank on the sand and it has been doing well. Yesterday we moved it up a few inches. Thanks Denny for the long conversation and advice last Sat.

We also added our pair of Perculas to the DT on Tuesday - not with as much luck. They both appered to be doing well . . . but on Thursday one dissapeared, it's gone, lost, AWOL, not to be seen again. We have searched as much as we can and have found no part of him at all. The other one is doing great.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 PM

zhasan is on a distinguished road

Nice going! Congrats on your first coral!! I can't wait to get to that point myself!! How could your clown just go missing?? Something is fishy there!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 PM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

That is one of the nicest photos of a one spot fox face I have ever seen! Great Job. It's been on my wish list for sometime now.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhasan View Post
Nice going! Congrats on your first coral!! I can't wait to get to that point myself!! How could your clown just go missing?? Something is fishy there!!!
Ya, not sure what happened to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
That is one of the nicest photos of a one spot fox face I have ever seen! Great Job. It's been on my wish list for sometime now.
Thanks for the compliment - a bit of luck and and some patience to get the shot. We have enjoyed having the Foxface as a part of the fish family.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Our home life is a bit "upside down" right now. We began a major kitchen renovation on Monday and with a family of five, no kitchen, and not wanting to spend money eating out - life is a bit upside dows. Our contractor (who is doing a great job!) used to have several tanks and is thinking about getting back into the hobby. This afternoon they surprised us with a gift of two cleaner shrimp and four hermit crabs! Thank you Lawrence and Sharon!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Nice !!!

Now, it's been over 3 months since you've given us a FTS, and that was only with your new 'scape
C'mon man, you're dropping the ball here ...
Old 11-30-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Nice !!!

Now, it's been over 3 months since you've given us a FTS, and that was only with your new 'scape
C'mon man, you're dropping the ball here ...
A FTS? I really hadn't thought about it . . . The trouble is that my tank is looking so boring and colorless - it might get embarased

Actually a good idea - I'll take some pictures and see if I can post one tomorrow. Thanks.