Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Looks like things are going really well

The reason for no colour changes is due to not dosing the reef booster as yet.

When starting prodi you have to give the base elements 6 weeks before starting the reef booster, this is to ensure no spikes in nutrients. Basically you are building the biological side first to support the nutrient level of the Reef Booster.

Polyp extension will follow, everything takes time, it is a slow process on purpose as to not stress the system.

Still in the UK but keeping track of this great review from here
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

patience my friend remember not all SPs that are growing and sustaining require PE polyp Ext. some of mine were amazing colors when I had SPS , however i didnt have that much or little to none PE
Old 08-05-2010, 03:12 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Tagging along to see your results!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
Tagging along to see your results!
HeHe If this doesnt work out I am going to blame the previous owner of the tank for leaving some toxic residue on the glass or something
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM

Default week 4 update

Nothing new to really report this week. Did a 16G water change and added my doses of Stronti, Digest, Iodi, Optim. Levels this week are
SG:1.025 Alk:9 Cal:450 Mag:1320 Nitrate:7 Phos:.05
I am only cleaning the front glass once a week and even then it doesnt need it that bad. Water is crystal clear. Coral colouration is changing a bit. Some corals are fading out, some are getting more vibrant, and there is no change in the PE on any of them.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 PM

give it time it takes 6 weeks to stabilise and can take longer with a more mature system.

The fading or lightening of corals is the positive change, once I see PO4 at zero then we can look at adding reef booster. If your system is really mature with a nutrient sink you may need to give the system a help in hand with ultra power phos, this goes with any ULNS. These systems can only reduce low levels of PO4 and all advise using phos remover to get levles down first, but as we are assessing the power of Prodibio the review is best run without any external intervention where at all possible.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the words of support Michael. Steady as she go's
Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 AM

Default Week 6 update

Well there was no update for week 5 because I was away in the Bahamas for 10 days however my fish sitter did do my weekly dose of strontium for me.
There were a few issues that had to be dealt with while I was away. 1 was a malfunctioning skimmer that would not stop overflowing and another was a Carbon issue.
I have the skimmer issue sorted out but for the time being I am going to be running 2 skimmers in my sump. Christy was kind enough to set up her ER cs6-2 in my sump while my skimmer was out of service and I now have my skimmer fixed and running right along side it. It will be interesting to see how the 2 compare and i am hoping the tank likes it.
The carbon issue is that i had my carbon tumbling too aggressively and as a result it has been pulverizing itself to death. I have since removed it completely from the system for the time being and want to see the effects on both my corals and fish. Some of my corals now are looking in very poor shape and my Coral Beauty has HLLE and my Purple tang may be showing early signs. I am hoping that the carbon was the cause of both issues as I suspect that it had been happening for some time.
So today was WC day and dosing of all of the other elements and all of my weekly tank chores. I also returned my filter socks to service. I had removed them for the ease of the tank sitters.
Parameters this week are CAL 460 ALK 9 MAG 1275 NITRATE 10 PHOS 0.0
Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Good, the PO4 is gone this is the biggest hurdle, however the nitrates are still sligjtly up which after 4 weeks points to a nutrient sink.

I think the list of recent events in the update post has not helped with tank stability, so lets see how things lie in 2 weeks and we may have to push you over the spike with some help.

We are still looking for a BM reviewer so I am happy to bolt that on if you do need another skimmer.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 AM

Micheal
Which skimmer were you looking for a review on? Running 2 skimmers at the moment is fine with me but if you have something that is slightly oversized for my system (the direction i was leaning anyhow) I am more than willing to give it a try.