Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-11-2016, 02:41 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Rant is good. It helps to take off the steam. We all have experiences (well, almost all) that can be related to yours. And I am from a country where meeting a stranger to make a buy/sell transaction always carries a life threatening component to it

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Sorry you had such a negative experience dude. I've also had literally hundreds of transactions over the years and I'd say only about 5 percent or less have led to negative experiences.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:10 AM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
You're not officially indoctrinated into this hobby without the old buy and sell runaround. I wonder if you can give people negative reputation? I'll have to check.

Yeah, Canreef should have a 'Trader Feedback' forum like RC. People should be held accountable for flaking out or ripping people off. There's no accountability right now, and they can continue to rip off other people later.

Brian:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It's true this type of situation is not isolated to this hobby. I've dealt with my fair share of bad transactions. I remember back in the day a guy came over to buy a frag for like $20. He got here and said "oh sorry, I only have $15 on me, is that ok?" I stood my ground and was like "No, sorry, it's $20." He kept looking and actually wanted more frags. Ended up spending $50. Surprise surprise, he HAD the cash. Like you said, it's not so much about the money, it's about the principle and your integrity as a man. So unless I've dealt with you before, or if you're a good friend, I wouldn't go out of my way for you. At the end of the day it's not worth my time to get nickelled and dimed over this little sht. Yes, I'm bitter :P. These guys grow balls of titanium cuz they can hide behind their computers and ignore you.

Advice to you in the future is not to spend your hard earned money until the deal is complete.

Sorry for the hijacked rant, I guess a nerve got touched :S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...
Old 03-11-2016, 10:09 AM

Etaloche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGQ View Post
Like you said, it's not so much about the money, it's about the principle and your integrity as a man.

Sorry for the hijacked rant, I guess a nerve got touched :S
Man or Woman
No need to be sorry, it's kinda calming to hear that others have had similar experiences before and puts into perspective that such a thing will happen once in a while. I do agree that a system like Trader Feedback would help tremendously.