banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Have we talked him into it yet???
Little more Little more HEHEHE

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 04-13-2013, 04:26 PM

Automation is my Career, so programming either one is not tough. But I do like the Apex style of programming better. One thing would lean me to RA is salinity probe. I am a gadget freak too. But have to be usefull. Salinity isnt totally needed, but would be nice when I'm away. Honestly, I don't check tank params much, mostly softies and everything thrives. I ass some when I do a W/C, based on the levels I have found IO salt to be lacking, Thats it. I would like to try dosing, But need more time to experiment with that.

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Oh my...at first when I read your post I thought it was funny but as I read the whole thing I think it is sad. Why don't you get some help to program it? I am sure once you know how convenient it is to have everything on your controller you will not want to do this manually again.

One example, if you unplug everything for feeding or water change and you get distracted or an emergency happen and you must leave quickly and you forget to retart the pumps, skimmer etc...?

with the controller you start the feed mode or the water change mode and what ever is associated with these mode will be turned off. With the water change mode you must retart it yourself I think, but with the feeding mode it will restart everything after a delay that you determine.

It is sad to have paid so much money and not to enjoy it.

Another advantage is to control the fan according to the tank temperature, so you don't have to suffer the noise of the fan if the tank temperature is not high. Only when my temperature reach 77 that my fan start and as soon as the temperature get back to 76 it stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
I have an Apex and honestly all that's plugged in are the heaters. I sat for 3 days trying to figure out the programming and just said f&$@ it. I don't need my lights plugged into it, they are programmed separately, as are my phs. Skimmer, return pump, fan, ato and gfo reactor are easy enough to unplug for water changes.

If it can do all the things posted here, I'm impressed but I suck at figuring it out and for me, the controller was a waste of money.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Don't tell me there is no salinity probe available for the Apex?? that can't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
One thing would lean me to RA is salinity probe. I am a gadget freak too. But have to be usefull. Salinity isnt totally needed, but would be nice when I'm away. Honestly, I don't check tank params much, mostly softies and everything thrives. I ass some when I do a W/C, based on the levels I have found IO salt to be lacking, Thats it. I would like to try dosing, But need more time to experiment with that.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 AM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Don't tell me there is no salinity probe available for the Apex?? that can't be.
Yes, it is, but it is expensive.... I don't care about salinity. Once I change water, mine doesn't change.

What I would like, though, is a probe to monitor my Calcium and Alk. I am constantly testing those, and adjusting my dosing manually. It would be so nice if my Apex could do that. Maybe some day...
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Well I got one. Got back at 9pm last night, Had it working (Not on tank) by 1AM Like it so far. Going to try the seasonal temps and lighting. By those, my tank is WAY warm! Might help on my power bill too HAHAHA

Umm, a tank or 5