Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Freshwater

Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road
Default 45G Barb Tank Now 75G ..new pics aug 20

Well i have restarted my barb tank after downsizing to a 45 G long. at this point it consists of 6 pygmy corys, 2 lemon spot bristlenose plecos, and 5 barbus denisonii. Also some swords, java fern, crypto, and hornwart, plus a few other plants i dont remember the names of.

72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 10-16-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 PM

well i had to literally destoy this tank to get a baby pleco out so i redid the aquascape so i thought i would share some pics. sorry the glass is still dirty.

72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 PM

for those that dont know these are a barb from india that are just barely not on the endagered list. when i bought them 2 years ago they were $25 and now i have seen them for sale as high as $80 each these days. so a really trying to breed them. but they donot breed as easily as other barbs i have kept. all i had to do to get other types of barbs to breed was ad alittle cold water simulating rain, but this does not seem to work for these type. however i am not sure if they have reached sexual maturity yet.

This tank also has 2 lemon spot plecos( breeding pair, so if interested i can take advanced orders as they breeed often its just a case of keepin the fry alive. $10 each. malibu got the first), numoruous pygmy corys, and 2 khuli loaches.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 AM

this tank has since been upgraded to a 75G. will try to add pics tommorrow.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:02 PM

cant get a great pick with it so sunny out behind me will try again later.

i still have to add the large rocks but you get the idea.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM

i decieded to add 6 praecox rainbows(dwarf neon), and 2 yoyo loaches, since that shop is moving and all fish were 50% of it cost me a grand total of $30 for the 8 fish.

i am peasantly suprised with how well the rainbows get along with the red flash sharks. (puntias dennisonii). they seem to not mind them at all and even school together when frightened.

Any one looking for a muti levell level swimmer for a med to large tank i would reccomend these in a flash.