Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM

ickmagnet is on a distinguished road
Default Aquabee Deltec mod attempt

I just bought a Deltec PF601 CA Reactor off this site and realized the pump doesn't work. I did the vinegar thing but still no luck. Needless to say, not happy about what I thought was a great deal.

I called the Deltec rep in Canada and they want $230 for this pump which seems quite a bit of money for a pump with such a notorious history. Besides, I only paid $300 for the Ca reactor. It is an aquabee 2000. I seen some of these at Bulk Reef Supply for $100 but it looks like these have a different impeller and may not work properly with the CA reactor.

So, I've decided to do the mod to an ehiem 1260 as per this link:
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...-601-601s.html

The only problem is, the guy who did it seems to think that the Deltec PF601 comes with an aquabee 3000 when in fact, it is a 2000. The eheim 1260 is a 640gph pump while the aquabee is approx 528gph (converting 2000 liters/hr). Would this affect the calcium reactor negatively. Would it be too much flow? Any other pump suggestions? There is an eheim 2000 that has an adjustbale speed of 264gph-528gph. Would this be a better fit? Anyone know anything about pump? The 1260 seems more "heavy duty".