Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #2

Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road
Default Contest #2 start date?

Just wondering what timeline people are looking for? If we want to get it started sooner than later (if its sooner I got some reading to do for the "rules" )

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

how about june?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
how about june?
+1
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

+2
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

that works
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

before i commit to this i would like to who is running this. unfortunetly if Jdigital has anything to do with this i want nothing to do with it...... If having surgery and being in the hospital till the post day is not a viable reason to be a few days late on a pic then i probable shouldnt mention all the crap i had to go thru when i finally got home. needless to say if one is physically incapable of getting out of bed is it really nessisary to DQ without notice. I am not trying to start i fight but after staying with in the contest for six months and being DQ'd on the last day is to say the least a bit of a **** off.

Sorry i am off topic alittle here but ............ well i am more than a little choked.

Sorry for posting here and asking this question but as stated above i was in the hospital and am not capable of sitting at a comp reading a 96 post thread so i am trying to catch up here. i am not looking for pity or sypathy just a little understanding, as one would like to do a small amount of maintanence before posting a final pic. which again i am uncapable of.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 04-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

It is likely that I will be running this contest. I don't know what I can say for being late on deadlines and stuff but I'm sure we can find a suitable grace period for emergencies whereby I can't be notified in time.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
before i commit to this i would like to who is running this. unfortunetly if Jdigital has anything to do with this i want nothing to do with it...... If having surgery and being in the hospital till the post day is not a viable reason to be a few days late on a pic then i probable shouldnt mention all the crap i had to go thru when i finally got home. needless to say if one is physically incapable of getting out of bed is it really nessisary to DQ without notice. I am not trying to start i fight but after staying with in the contest for six months and being DQ'd on the last day is to say the least a bit of a **** off.

Sorry i am off topic alittle here but ............ well i am more than a little choked.

Sorry for posting here and asking this question but as stated above i was in the hospital and am not capable of sitting at a comp reading a 96 post thread so i am trying to catch up here. i am not looking for pity or sypathy just a little understanding, as one would like to do a small amount of maintanence before posting a final pic. which again i am uncapable of.
I feel you man, I did everything I could to get a little more time for everyone but I just couldn't do, basically got kicked off the subject. I wouldn't blame JD though, he had a tough job and in the end he did it well. It was more the majority vote in the end that felt any extension was unnecessary despite the lake of notice.
Sorry again, hope you get well soon.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post

I PM'd you very nicely last night to explain what happened... I never saw your post regarding the hospital until last night when I saw you posted asking about the DQ. A simple PM to me to explain your situation would have been nice so I could have adjusted accordingly...

I'm sure christy would be more than happy to add you to the voting polls, and I have no problem with that, but when you got time to bitch about me like here, and not enough time to contact me and give me some insight into your situation I really feel no need to help.

Either way its your call if you would like your name added to the voting polls... but you gotta let me know.. I'm not a mind-reader man!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 04-18-2009, 01:26 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road

June is good