Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimper View Post
Most of the time it's not the camera, it's how you take pictures.
I tend to agree with you. I suck at photos.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Man that is looking great!! Your dedication always shows. My nano (my daughters which I have to care for) is looking less than beautiful with my poor water change schedule.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Clearly I need to get a camera to get photos like these. This little bubble is shaping up nicely.
All the photos in this journal have been taken with my cell phone - Samgsung Galaxy S8 using the "Pro" settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimper View Post
Most of the time it's not the camera, it's how you take pictures.
That is very true! Cameras and phones with white balance sliders or settings rather than sensors make all the difference in the world though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Man that is looking great!! Your dedication always shows. My nano (my daughters which I have to care for) is looking less than beautiful with my poor water change schedule.
If this tank becomes too much work it will go in the closet.

SPS fanatic.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:08 PM

crimper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
All the photos in this journal have been taken with my cell phone - Samgsung Galaxy S8 using the "Pro" settings.

That is very true! Cameras and phones with white balance sliders or settings rather than sensors make all the difference in the world though.

If this tank becomes too much work it will go in the closet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
I tend to agree with you. I suck at photos.
Sorry not to derail Myka's journal...

My photography skills is most like as bad as yours or maybe worst than yours DKokoman.

When I started taking pictures of my aquariums, I thought I need the latest and the greatest DSLR to take awesome macro shots. And so I did purchased a nice DSLR and a nice macro lens for almost $3K. And guess what my pictures still suck. Until I started learning photography and realized that it's all about how you use your camera (camera settings), and the art of taking photos (rule of thirds etc.)

Now I seldom pull out my DSLR from my camera bag, instead I use my Samsung Galaxy S8 to take pictures same as what Myka is using. And yes, your iPhone or Pixel will take breath taking pictures more than you think.

By the way, awesome Nano Tank Myka. Keep the pictures coming. Now I'm itching to have one on my desk.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 PM

Significant diatoms growth on the rocks and sand now. I added a Ring Cowrie that I stole from my reef.

I have some goodies coming for the pico in the next week. Can't wait. This tank has made reefing exciting for me again.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 03-01-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:03 AM

I added 2 Panda Gobies today. I took some photos before adding hem for two reasons. One being I may never see them again, and the other so i could show you guys how tiny they are!

I also added a few frags today:

Orange Oxide Zoas
Dragon Eyes Zoas
Pink Pocci (for the Pandas to possibly hang in)

I'll get pics later when they open up.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 03-01-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 PM

So the gobies have been pretty awesome. They aren't as cryptic as expected. I can usually locate one or both of them when I look at the tank. The smaller one likes to hang out on the sand, and the "less small" (haha) one likes to hang out under the Long Polyp Toadstool. The Toadstool was just supposed to be for filler and I planned to remove it once everything else grows in a bit, but now I'm torn. Trouble is, I already promised it to someone. Dangit.

When I first added the gobies, the bigger one went right into the rocks, but the smaller one dove face first into the Sunny D palys. One of the Palys was closing up on him, so I used a skewer to pull him out. For the rest of the evening he sat an inch away from the polyps looking dazed and confused, so I was thinking he was a goner. Today he's perky though, so I have hope! So the gobies have been pretty awesome. They aren't as cryptic as expected. I can usually locate one or both of them when I look at the tank. The smaller one likes to hang out on the sand, and the "less small" (haha) one likes to hang out under the Long Polyp Toadstool. The Toadstool was just supposed to be for filler and I planned to remove it once everything else grows in a bit, but now I'm torn. Trouble is, I already promised it to someone. Dangit.

When I first added the gobies, the bigger one went right into the rocks, but the smaller one dove face first into the Sunny D palys. One of the Palys was closing up on him, so I used a skewer to pull him out. For the rest of the evening he sat an inch away from the polyps looking dazed and confused, so I was thinking he was a goner. Today he's perky though, so I have hope!

So the gobies have been pretty awesome. They aren't as cryptic as expected. I can usually locate one or both of them when I look at the tank. The smaller one likes to hang out on the sand, and the "less small" (haha) one likes to hang out under the Long Polyp Toadstool. The Toadstool was just supposed to be for filler and I planned to remove it once everything else grows in a bit, but now I'm torn. Trouble is, I already promised it to someone. Dangit.

When I first added the gobies, the bigger one went right into the rocks, but the smaller one dove face first into the Sunny D palys. One of the Palys was closing up on him, so I used a skewer to pull him out. For the rest of the evening he sat an inch away from the polyps looking dazed and confused, so I was thinking he was a goner. Today he's perky though, so I have hope!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 02-26-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:40 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

It's like deja vu all over again.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:57 PM

dino is on a distinguished road

I really like this thread. But then I was like I really like this thread.I really like this thread. But then I was like I really like this thread.I really like this thread. But then I was like I really like this thread.I really like this thread. But then I was like I really like this thread
Old 02-27-2018, 12:59 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Mindy's been acting really strange lately.