Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums > Hardware

Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road
Default Lights

Just wondering what you guys carry for 24" lights. 4 or 6 bulb t5ho or equivalent led that's affordable. I'll be switching to a 24" cube and need new lights
Old 01-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

For my son's 29 gallon biocube we bought the Aquaticlife 4 bulb T5HO with LED lunar and it's programmable. We have liked it. it's actually a 20" fixture. Will be selling it with our Biocube in February though…
Old 01-16-2014, 04:01 PM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

Concept can get the ATI line, they hooked me up with a 24" 8 bulb ATI fixture, I think that fixture will be perfect for your cube if you are looking for a lot of light and it's 24"x17.5"x2.5" so you will have a little room for the left over light spill on the width of your tank.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Diver Gal View Post
For my son's 29 gallon biocube we bought the Aquaticlife 4 bulb T5HO with LED lunar and it's programmable. We have liked it. it's actually a 20" fixture. Will be selling it with our Biocube in February though…
Did you feel this light gave enough light? Would it be sufficient for a 24" 60 gallon tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqlmao View Post
Concept can get the ATI line, they hooked me up with a 24" 8 bulb ATI fixture, I think that fixture will be perfect for your cube if you are looking for a lot of light and it's 24"x17.5"x2.5" so you will have a little room for the left over light spill on the width of your tank.
I know I love those lights, but I just can't justify spending that much on a light, not to mention it doesn't even come with bulbs. Very cool and maybe one day but for now way out of budget. I would like to keep it under $400 preferably under $300.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:15 PM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I can't really say. I would not think it's enough to grow SPS (at least that's what we are told)…He has some SPS frags that he says are doing fine, and lots of LPS that look great (to my eyes anyway). It's still set up on his tank, if you'd like to come see it…

Although we are upgrading his tank and aren't buying the same light for his larger tank, maybe that says enough???
Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 PM

chef is on a distinguished road
Default best of both worlds

I have a 93g cube. I bought a used sol blue. I then added a couple of T5 strips with ATI bulbs. Best lighting I've had so far. And I have tried lots!!! You get the controlability and shimmer of an led, with full on coverage and brightness of a t5. Highly recommend this.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:48 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
I have a 93g cube. I bought a used sol blue. I then added a couple of T5 strips with ATI bulbs. Best lighting I've had so far. And I have tried lots!!! You get the controlability and shimmer of an led, with full on coverage and brightness of a t5. Highly recommend this.
This is where the hobby is going for lighting people are going to mix match LED's and t5 which is a great idea you'll see more of this soon I bet as it catches on

Halides t5 and led would be cool to see lol
Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM
R.I.P.

Do a kessil pendant will look clean too
Old 01-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Do a kessil pendant will look clean too
would that be sufficent to grow a couple SPS, also which model? or is there a difference between the models other than manufacturing year

Just picked up my Cube today so anxious to get it going now. Gonna start the stand build hopefully tommorow and would idealy like to have it all up and running and my 55gallon transfered by monday.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
R.I.P.

You can grow sps under most lightimg having more light enables you to go further with it