Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Hey Denny, where are you shopping that I am not aware of? I have never seen a Yellow Tang for $40 locally. Even from another reefer (Bob) I paid $50.

I bought mine out of the box for 39.99 lol from a lfs , it was a long time ago but it was a good deal , I can get a full grown show tang for $100 from the same place I won't say who as I don't want to conflict with their regular pricing
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hey Denny, where are you shopping that I am not aware of? I have never seen a Yellow Tang for $40 locally. Even from another reefer (Bob) I paid $50.

Pat if I had known you wanted a yellow tang I would have given you mine lol he's not forcsale but with my build going so slow I'd give him to a good home
Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceschutte View Post
Thanks for your terrible useless advice. It was no mistake. I have added tangs previously with no problems.
What part of the advice did you find useless.
A sick, dying or injured fish is stressed enough without adding the stress of a noisy confined sump. This is even for true for a tang which can easily develope a serious ich infection and wipe out the rest of the inhabitants in your tank.
It would be better for you to give the tang to another reefer who has a QT set up to care for the injured tang.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Ok lets try to put some perspective on this. First of all I have a Tang dominant tank that has been running successfully for over 4 yrs now. All my fish are fat and happy, now lets try to cut this member a bit of a break, the plain simple truth is when it comes to Tangs you cannot predict how they will act when a new Tang is introduced. I picked up a Purple Tang from a fellow Canreefer a few years ago that was apparently beating the crap out of his Yellow Tang, in my tank no problems. I don't think there is anybody on this board that hasn't had an impulse buy at one time or another.So let's not throw too many stones at his member. Sometimes you get lucky with them and sometimes you don't. Yes you should always research what you are planning for your tank but sometimes fish do not get along. So I stand by my original statement to this member, because these fish don't get along it would probably be in yours and the fish's best interest to either take the fish back to the lfs for credit or let another member take him off your hands. Rearranging rock doesn't always work and neither does the mirror trick. The other option is which Tang do you really want to keep? Get rid of the Scopa if you like the Yellow one better. Because they are similar in shape I find that that sometimes contributes to spats in the tank. Fish are like people in a lot of ways, sometimes they get along but every now and then you get a bully or murderer in your tank and you deal with it as quickly as possible. Anybody on this forum who really knows Tangs and their different personalities will agree with this. Good luck with whatever solution you come up with....

Last edited by dsaundry; 12-07-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
I don't think there is anybody on this board that hasn't had an impulse buy at one time or another.So let's not throw too many stones at his member.....

I agree: Throwing stones at his member is a little bit of overkill. Besides, it hurts like hell!

(I'm sorry Daryl, but it is your type-O)

Seriously, cut the guy a little slack. He recognized the problem and asked for help. No need to throw stones.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Ok lets try to put some perspective on this. First of all I have a Tang dominant tank that has been running successfully for over 4 yrs now. All my fish are fat and happy, now lets try to cut this member a bit of a break, the plain simple truth is when it comes to Tangs you cannot predict how they will act when a new Tang is introduced. I picked up a Purple Tang from a fellow Canreefer a few years ago that was apparently beating the crap out of his Yellow Tang, in my tank no problems. I don't think there is anybody on this board that hasn't had an impulse buy at one time or another.So let's not throw too many stones at his member. Sometimes you get lucky with them and sometimes you don't. Yes you should always research what you are planning for your tank but sometimes fish do not get along. So I stand by my original statement to this member, because these fish don't get along it would probably be in yours and the fish's best interest to either take the fish back to the lfs for credit or let another member take him off your hands. Rearranging rock doesn't always work and neither does the mirror trick. The other option is which Tang do you really want to keep? Get rid of the Scopa if you like the Yellow one better. Because they are similar in shape I find that that sometimes contributes to spats in the tank. Fish are like people in a lot of ways, sometimes they get along but every now and then you get a bully or murderer in your tank and you deal with it as quickly as possible. Anybody on this forum who really knows Tangs and their different personalities will agree with this. Good luck with whatever solution you come up with....

Well said. Best thing posted in here yet!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:47 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Type o Lance???
Old 12-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I agree: Throwing stones at his member is a little bit of overkill. Besides, it hurts like hell!

(I'm sorry Daryl, but it is your type-O)

Seriously, cut the guy a little slack. He recognized the problem and asked for help. No need to throw stones.
Hahaha!

Quote:
Very well stated, If you do decide to keep him feeding extra (soaked in vitamins) and shortening your light cycle to just a few hours a day to start will help curb the aggression. Just another reason for an upgrade later down the road, 2 tangs in a 90 might be a little small when they are full size.
Why not pick up a 180g
Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Why not pick up a 180g

Gee... who might have a 180 for sale? Haha!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gee... who might have a 180 for sale? Haha!
Na I decided to keep it, now its a zoa only tank.