Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough
Default Zeovit - Enough talk, show some pics

Ok, so my LFS is trying to sell me on Zeovit, and gave me a brochure with lots of pretty colored SPS. He promises my tank will look just like that if I use Zeovit.
Now, I've been to the zeovit forums, and overall, I don't see lots of pics like the brochure. In fact, I've seen nicer tanks from members here that don't use Zeovit (or don't admit it).

So, I've been seeing lots of people here jumping on the wagon, and I figure we should start seeing some of these purdy SPS pics from these users. Can I see them? I can get a good price on the system and will consider it if I believe it will work, just need to see the pics of people's successes.

Also, for those of you that have just as nice or nicer SPS without Zeovit, let's hear how you do it. (Jamie and Marc could jump in here )

So, as the title says, enough talk about how great it is, let's see it posted!!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:57 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Hope this is not out of place, but i found if you can manage sps growth without zeo you get richer/darker colors. Zeo seem to make your tank look like a box of pastels you get from the art store. Mind you this is strictly from observing other peoples tanks I would like to see some pictures to.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I see a lot of pastel colors on the zeovit site, but the ones I noticed were using T5 lighting. The brochure has pics of rich deep colors.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM

CRAP! Another Hobby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I see a lot of pastel colors on the zeovit site, but the ones I noticed were using T5 lighting. The brochure has pics of rich deep colors.
one word..."PHOTOSHOP" Do you think they would put out a brochure that shows the wonderful results that can be achieved WITHOUT being sure that the picture is "perfect?" I don't think so...
Maybe I'll photoshop a pic of one of my corals...tell me which is real (untouched) and which is p'shopped...I'll post pics soon.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Just a guy..

Ya, maybe some editing is involved, but I've seen these colors in person without Zeo. So the colors are possible. I'm asking to see real photos from people that are touting the system as a great thing.
So let's see what Zeo has done for you, or pics of why you don't need it and how you got there.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Never mind
Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I can post some pics of my tank but I am a horrible photographer. I'm now 7 weeks in and have seen major changes, right now mainly in water clarity and reduction of Nitrates/Phosphates and in turn the bad algae.

I am starting to see colours in SPS. The best example so far is a scroll that I purchased totally brown and is now turning green and purple.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Jumping on to see some of these photos. I too have wandered around the Zeo forums, and have seen similar things.

I found I could get lots of nice deep and varied colors myself with no additives, just a large bioload (its all about the fish poop!), and maintaining my Ca, dKH, and Mg levels with reactors.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM

CRAP! Another Hobby is on a distinguished road
Default photoshop vs zeovit

Ok....just some playing in photoshop...don't believe what you see in ANY ad or brochure

And of course...some nice pastels ..Rushed doing this, so it's not the cleanest work I have ever done (actually, some of the poorest) but you can get the idea

Old 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
Never mind
Jason, you're using this, right? I'm interested in your thoughts so far. Are the claims accurate? Or at least worth the almost $400 to get going?