Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM

muck is on a distinguished road
Default Sony DSLRs

Anyone shooting with an a350 or a700?
If so how do you like them? Any pros/cons you have with them? Photo examples would be fab as well..

P.S. Im looking for personal experiences only. Please do not post links to sites like dpreview and the like as Ive already read a ton of reviews.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:48 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

I have the a100 and really like it. I think these cameras are great for people who have the time and understanding to use them to their potential. (This is not me.) I used mine a few times, but never gave it an honest chance, but had a freind who is a profesional photographer take some amazing photo's with it. If you want to borrow it at some time to play around with it before you buy one...... Just let me know and we'll set something up as mine just sits with my other 3 cameras in a corner of my studio. I think I might be one of those people that thinks that buying a great camera is the major hurdle in taking incredible pictures. I was wrong.

I know this isn't the model that you asked about, but I hope it helps anyhow.

I just bought a 4th camera the other day. It`s an Olympus Stylus 850SW. I can just turn it on and put it right in my tank to take pics.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 AM

Keana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Keana Send a message via Skype™ to Keana
Default A700

I've got an A700. I haven't done any tank shots with it. I want to learn more about that.... I have taken lots of other photos with it. All available here: English Bay.com I got some great photos of the fireworks from Wednesday: Canada, Attack! (Godzilla). Someone I know got me invited to the 35th floor of a local hotel for the best view!

I have nothing but great things to say about this camera. I did lots of research before buying and this was the best reviewed and best feature for money. Even point and shoot comes out amazing. But it has a ton of manual control to take just what you want. Well worth the money.

Bye, Keana
Old 07-27-2008, 07:01 AM

spoot is on a distinguished road

While researching for cameras, I handled a couple of the sony offerings, but was not impressed. The limited lens options was also not appealing. I ended up going with nikon and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 AM

symplistik is on a distinguished road

Nikon Nikon Nikon!!

Nikon D100!!

34G RSM
Tunze 9002
Media Rack
DIY 6 Bulb T5HO-http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61188
Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

I have the sony A100 and am very happy with it. I looked at the other Alphas, and it seems that the big feature the others have (except the 700) is the "live" display on the back screen, but that wasn't a huge selling feature for me.

My favourite winning feature against the nikkon is the sony/minolta image stabilizer technology is built into the camera body so no matter what lens you put on there.. it's stabilized as opposed to the nikkon where you have to shell out even more bucks for a stabilized lens.

As far as the "limited" lens selection... keep in mind that the alpha series uses the minolta A-mount system so you can use ANY minolta AF lens dating back to the early 1990's so in effect you have a HUGE amount of compatible lenses.

Good luck