Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2016, 04:02 AM

zhasan is on a distinguished road
Smile Zee's 180 Gallon Reef Build

Hi All,

Finally starting on the new build of my 180 Gallon Starfire tank.

I had to tear down my 65 Gallon Elos Reef tank in 2014 due to a move because of work.

Now I've setteled in the new place and its time to get back to the dark side. This will be a slow build as I put it all together one piece at a time. My remote location is also a limiting factor as things are not close by.

I bought a used setup last weekend from Calgary. Its a 180 gallon starfire tank build by Concepts in Calgary.

I'll be using most of my equipment from my previous build and will also be taking advantage of the boxing day to scoop up some major pieces of the puzzle.

Time for pics...

This is the only pic i took of the trip... we tied the stand on the roof and the tank and sump made it in the back of the truck. The tank was HEAVY... wasn't easy to get it in the truck.

Standard steel stand - Got some sand paper and started to sand the paint and a little bit of rust off. Planning on painting it RED. Lots a black stands around... I'm thinking red stand with white painted plywood cover along with Vertex equipment will look spiffy.

Here is the tank. Its very dirty and needs a MAJOR cleaning.

Dimensions are 72x24x24

Here is the sump. Its a 3 Chamber sump. I'm contemplating adding a baffle in the middle chamber to add a refugium to the setup.

Thats it for now... will keep you all posted on the progress. Looking forward to learning from your ideas and enjoy setting this reef up.

Thanks,

Zee

Tags
180, reef, starfire