sorry, 3 250w mh 11-8
actinics 8-9:30
moonlights 24/7
Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygmark View Post
Hey guys i just wanted everyones opinion on how i should run my lighting setup as in how long the lights should be on and such.

I have a 72" coralife fixture, 3-250 wattMH, and 4 36 power compacts(atinics)

What should my lighting schedual be.

I have 1 bubble tip anenome, and 3 turbo snails and 4 chromis,(starter crew)

The tank has been running for just over 2 weeks, i have started to get a layer of greenish brown slime on some of the rocks to.

Any help would be appericiated.

Thanks
Josh
I hate to pick on you, but I would be more concerned with having an anemone in a 2 week old tank, than I would about photoperiod.

Anemones can be picky and generally do best when added to an established tank, typically 6mos or longer. I realize others may disagree and have had success, but 2 weeks is definitely too early for an Anemone.

As for lighting, I'd recommend anything from 6-8hrs hours for MH. Most corals can only use so much photoperiod for useful growth from articles that I've read. There is a thread on RC with a lot of people who tested/testing the theory of shorter photoperiod to yeild greater results in growth.

I was even testing it out on my old 75G, but fell short of any useful data as I ended up shutting it down and selling.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988

Last edited by JDigital; 02-01-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 AM

cygmark is on a distinguished road

Ok so everyone is clear..... The anenome came unawares to me on a piece of live rock found out the next day, it survived my ammonia spikes and still looks good, I would not like to do anything wrong, but every single aquarium is diffrent, I'm hopping that this works in my favor.

Thanks
Josh
180 gallon reef tank with 80 gallon sump, 2 External overflow boxes ,3 drilled returns,Vertex 100 skimmer, Jager 250 watt heater, Stealth titanium 150 watt heater, 3-500 GPH return Aqua Globe pumps and 2 corelia power heads

My tank so far