Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-06-2017, 11:58 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanerickson View Post
I had to try after seeing this post photobucket works fine still for me. Not sure what your doing wrong. I will agree its full of adds and buggy but still free for me.
I'd love to know what you're doing right. All of my posts show broken links because of this...

Cut and pasted from their site: "Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If you are interested in image linking and/or 3rd party image hosting, you will need to subscribe to one of our Plus Accounts described below. "

"o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting."

I'm not paying $100/year, sorry old posts. Hello imgur!

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 07-07-2017, 01:00 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I can't help you Russel, but my PB account is still good here too.
I've been using it for about 6 years now, have used approx. 2.5 gig, and it tells me my storage is 64% full.
I'm able to link all my photos and vids.
I've had good luck contacting them in the past. Maybe you could salvage your broken links by contacting their support ... ?
Old 07-07-2017, 01:59 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanerickson View Post
I had to try after seeing this post photobucket works fine still for me. Not sure what your doing wrong. I will agree its full of adds and buggy but still free for me.
I have 7 gigs of free space due to being right place right time with photobucket several yrs ago however in the last 2 years PB won't upload images, video files over 2 minutes long take up to 4 hrs to upload and if I tried to pst on some forums or Facebook pages I would occasionally be denied posting privileges including both on Canreef and Canreef FB

So last year I switched to Flickr aside from a picky user interface I've had zero issues posting
Old 07-07-2017, 06:41 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I've been using either my Windows Live or Google+ accounts. Both offer a generous amount of free bandwidth for files/photos and they are unlikely to go away any time soon. Another forum I'm on is more difficult to share photos on with G+ so I use Windows Live (One Drive) which has an <embed> option. Works very well and allows you to resize the image when generating the link.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:36 AM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

Photobucket changed 3rd party viewables now none of my photo show up
Old 07-13-2017, 12:46 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Looks like my images are about to go away too.
Got the e-mail from PB today. I'd be willing to pay $20/yr but $400? Go pee up a rope. I see them losing enough clientele to then lose their advertisers.
VERY smart business move
Old 07-13-2017, 01:28 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Flickr
Old 07-13-2017, 01:52 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Looks like my images are about to go away too.
Got the e-mail from PB today. I'd be willing to pay $20/yr but $400? Go pee up a rope. I see them losing enough clientele to then lose their advertisers.
VERY smart business move
I think TinyPic is a branch of photobucket and it seems to be working fine. Had to give up photobucket as the ads would crash the computer and phone.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:41 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Ok, I shall repeat.... why restrict yourself to photo specific cloud storage when there are much better, unlikely to disappear or change drastically options from major players like Microsoft, Google, Amazon.....?? As mentioned most of these come with more free storage than the photo cloud rip off artists and you have the option to store & back up many other file types other than photos. They also allow you to access files pretty much anywhere you have an internet or smart phone connection.

Here's a link to a review of the major 'players'. A good chart showing options for free storage & what it will cost if you need more.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/onedrive...right-for-you/

As mentioned in my previous post, I have Google Drive & Windows One Drive. More storage then I'll ever use for free. And again, I've found the Microsoft One Drive <embed> feature the most flexible & best method to link photos on forums etc., once you figure it out....

Last edited by mike31154; 07-14-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:38 PM

F.H is on a distinguished road

Pied piper was the best.