Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .
Old 02-17-2017, 11:42 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .
Reminded me of something that happened back in November

I was rear ended by a young lady who was from the lower mainland this winter during our 3 week long -20 cold snap in November and it was hilarious as she had never driven in cold weather ever. She hit me at slow speed and got out and was a hysterical mess as it was -22ish and she had never been in the north during winter and she had no gloves on (this becomes clear in a second) A fellow who saw the accident tried to calm her down and between the two of us we finally figured out that she was petrified as she had no gloves on that if she touched her steering wheel with bare hands that they would freeze to the wheel.

First time for everything I guess. Turns out no damage to my truck small dent in her hood and after calming her down and assuring her that her hands would not freeze to the wheel sent her on her way. There are times that catch you off guard and this was one of them.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:14 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

When construction of a building is complete, why is it not then called a built? ...
Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my family lost a great wonderful boy yesterday. He was only fifteen and he took his own life.Sorry for this sad post but please watch your loved ones for signs of depression I have a huge family and none of us saw this coming. Manny hard days ahead.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:23 AM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

That's very sad. I have a person very close to me that deals with depression on a huge scale and it something that I worry about every day.

Keep your chin up, there is often nothing that can be done and many people don't see it coming.

My best to you and your family and all his friends.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:13 AM

xandraescape is on a distinguished road

Are we talking about 13 reasons why here? Kidding aside, I guess we should all be sensitive on what the other people around us feels and at the same time take good care of our action. It is always a matter of putting oneself's in someone's shoes.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:36 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

I am sorry to hear that.
It is sad when someone with their whole life ahead of them decides that.
It is hard for the people left behind.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your loss. All of us feel sad or emotionally drained at some points in our lives, but depression is exponentially worse. It is especially tough for the family members left behind as they try to come to grips with what happened, why, what could they have done different. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Anthony
Old 05-28-2017, 04:30 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Aw jeez Bud - so sad.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I've been involved in safety to varying degrees at my workplace over the last 18 yrs and in that time I have seen changes galore some were beauracratic others in response to catastrophic issues (Lakeland and burns lake sawmill explosions) to others being modernized yet one thing has not changed over the 18 years

The incessant moaning, groaning, whining and snivelling of both the employee and employer and generally speaking those in the front line of safety are the most frequent targets of those who bitch moan and groan and in some cases like today you get those that threaten you because they are forced to change

I love safety but when people start to threaten you it makes one wonder why we do safety anyway

People hate change and often lash out at the first point of contact and even though I have a thick skin it does wear one down but then again people hate to be told to do something in other words grown up children who pout