Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

i purchased some frozen brine shrimp, as well as flake food with garlic, can't think of the brand off the top of my head. I would imagine they would perfer the brine shrimp, fed a little flake last night after i introduced them and they seemed to enjoy it.

With 4 1" clowns how much/often should i feed them
and how long should i run my t5 lights,

i imagine if i do a search i can find all my answers so i will give that a go as well.

Cheers!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

I feed brine on occasion, but it is not a delicacy of the sea. So you may wish to add to the menu of frozen delights. I would feed only once a day.

How long have you had the lights on?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM

haven't even run the lights yet, let them get accustomed to the tank last night and then left for work this morning with them off still. Just wondering how many hours a day i should run it. I will add to the menu indefinetly, i like to eat good and so will my fish.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Before you added the clowns, did you have the light on?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 PM

maybe ran the light for a total of 5 minutes to see what it looked like with it on, so no while the tank cycled i never ran the light at all. I was told it would grow unwanted algee.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Just a word of caution. With 4 clowns in a relatively small tank you are probably going to run into agression problems in the future as they mature and pair off. Clowns are very territorial by nature and will agressively chase off fish many times their size. IMO I would suggest that you return 2 of them and get something else at a later date. Let your tank cycle some more for a month with just the 2 fish.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM

im going to give the 4 a shot, and if they start to get to aggresive i will take a couple back, it seems like they aleady enjoy being in two seperate pairs, there is a fair amount of rock which might seperate the territories a bit im hoping with a couple different anemones.