Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 09-01-2015, 05:38 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
Thanks for the offer Rich. Power was off for 58 hours at my place. Lost all my fish and looks like most of my sps has turned a nice white colour. Cant find any shrimp so they are most likely all gone as well. The only thing that looks like it might come back are the zoas.

Not sure what I am going to do with the tank at the moment I have to get it cleaned up and go from there.

Glad to see everyone else faired better then me.
Wow, that is really bad. Very sorry to hear that. I lost 4 fish and still feeling bad about that. But can hardly imagine what you are going through.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:40 PM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Don't you have enough already?
My tank is medium-bioload for fish, at most. Corals especially have been doing kinda fail lately, pretty sad about that actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
Thanks for the offer Rich. Power was off for 58 hours at my place. Lost all my fish and looks like most of my sps has turned a nice white colour. Cant find any shrimp so they are most likely all gone as well. The only thing that looks like it might come back are the zoas.

Not sure what I am going to do with the tank at the moment I have to get it cleaned up and go from there.

Glad to see everyone else faired better then me.
Geez Joe, that's super lame. I've lost my fair share of fish/mantis shrimp and definitely feel for you. I'd be happy to donate some live rocks if you need to get your tank back on track. Just let me know.

Brian
Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

Wretch, if you decide to keep reefing and get your tank back up and running shoot me a PM, I can donate a few frags to get you going. I don't have anything exotic but I can give you some sps or something to ease the burdon of starting over...
Old 09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Wretch/Joe,

Really, really sorry to hear about your tank and losses.

When you decide what you want to do, let us know. If you decide to restock and start over, we can organize a "restock Joe's tank" get-together and we can all bring frags, etc to the party. Let us know how we can help.

Peace.

Anthony
Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 PM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Wretch/Joe,

When you decide what you want to do, let us know. If you decide to restock and start over, we can organize a "restock Joe's tank" get-together and bring frags, etc to the party. Let us know how we can help.

Peace.

Anthony
That's a great idea. It'll be like a Can Reef community tank

Someone bring the pizza and beer.

Brian
Old 09-01-2015, 08:04 PM

Wretch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
My tank is medium-bioload for fish, at most. Corals especially have been doing kinda fail lately, pretty sad about that actually

Geez Joe, that's super lame. I've lost my fair share of fish/mantis shrimp and definitely feel for you. I'd be happy to donate some live rocks if you need to get your tank back on track. Just let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
Wretch, if you decide to keep reefing and get your tank back up and running shoot me a PM, I can donate a few frags to get you going. I don't have anything exotic but I can give you some sps or something to ease the burdon of starting over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Wretch/Joe,

Really, really sorry to hear about your tank and losses.

When you decide what you want to do, let us know. If you decide to restock and start over, we can organize a "restock Joe's tank" get-together and we can all bring frags, etc to the party. Let us know how we can help.

Peace.

Anthony
Thanks for the support everyone.

All my rock work is epoxied together so I will have to wait for a day off to get it pulled out and all the unfound dead things pulled out. After that I will do a big water change and see how things go from there.

Need to do some equipment changes as well so thats also in consideration of what I am doing going forward.

Thanks again all.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

I went through 5 days without power in the 2006 storm and lost most of my fish an corals.

This time it was 38 hours and I survived with only a few lost Monitporas. What saved me this time was the battery powered air pump that kept the water moving.

There were only 2 blocks out in our neighbourhood and it was annoying seeing houses around us with power. However, my losses were not too great. I heard that there were over 2000 line repairs and I knew we would be near the end of the list here in Deep Cove.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

looks like I didn't come out as unscathed as I thought. Last night I noticed 3 Acro's looking a little sick. Turning a weird blotchy brown color, I'm thinking they just took a few days to show how unhappy living in cold water made them...

Ah well, all in all not a devastating loss or anything, still lame though...
Old 09-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

I lost a few frags here and there and the Achilles is pack full of ick.... hopefully it will make it through. Ding it.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Man that sucks guys. Hope all gets better