Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize

As I recall, the guy that is running SEAMAX is no amateur to running marine aquarium conferences, he has been running the MAX for several years (http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/), amongst the MAX and some smaller local ones.

On sure if how it is in the west coast, but in the east coast most of our LFS does seem to see a decrease in marine aquarium side of the business in the summer months regardless.... that naturally translates to the interest level.

I do agreed that there's not much buzz about the SEA-MAX on Canadian sites/sides at all, if it's not because Patrick is speaking there I heard somebody talked about it, I would not even be aware of it at all. Having said that, Canadian attendance typically is pretty low for US conference & events. I was actually at the Marine Breeder Initiative at Michigan that same weekend, I was the one of the only 2 Canadians and that is right beside the border (for some).

Having said that all, I think it might still be better than the last IMAC (~2009 I think) that happened on a cruise ship. A speaker told me that there are more (speakers + exhibitors) combined than attendees. The conference venue was awesome too but it was right in the summer
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 07-30-2011, 04:51 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

My wife and I attended as well using it as an excuse to mini-vacation to Seattle for the weekend. We only attended for 2 hours or so.

I was rather disappointed in the size as well as the fact that admission was cash only. It ate up all our cash, in fact I had to go to the ATM to get more.

I was expecting something much bigger.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:22 PM

msjboy is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone buy corals then?

More read from our USA reefers on sea max..... One said there was a pet expo the week before that seaman should have integrated itself with.....
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/f14/sea...2/index13.html
Also, did anyone buy any corals..... I thought Paul at oc was willing to bring back corals with his cites license.

Msjboy