Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
Is your skimmer going crazy? that would be an indication of a rotting body in there somewhere.
No it seems to be running normally
Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Thank-you, hummm maybe there's something to this fish convention I've had wrasses hide on me for weeks at a time so don't give up hope yet, they are very good hidders. Never heard of a naso hiding before though. He is an awesome fish I'm really worried about him and I'm hoping he's ok.
Any luck Laurie? If your skimmer hasn't gone crazy I guess that's a pretty good sign. The thing that's worrying me about my missing Canary is normally they never leave each others side so for the male to be swimming around for 3 days by himself is a little odd.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM

BC564 is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing happen to me.....Naso Tang.....had him for a few months...then one day.....gone.....havent seen him since....its been about 1 1/2 months now.....im assuming the clean up crew cleaned him up. I hope you have a happier out come....

Last edited by BC564; 01-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

my yellow tang died, seen him kinda buried in the sand under a bunch of rocks the cleanup crew was working hard getting rid of the corpse.
a Week later my unicorn tang all 8 inches of it dissapeared that was 3 months ago my mistake i didnt dig for it. I had an ammonia spike killed the other tang
Dont make the same mistake I did if you find it Dig Dig Dig get it out if its dead before you get a spike btw sorry to hear about your tang missing
Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM

fdiddy is on a distinguished road

Damn, after reading this thread last night, my hawaiian flame wrasse is missing today >.> Hope it's a case of hiding wrasse. Don't really want to look too hard as he might be in the sand bed i guess. I hate when that happens >< Didn't knock on wood hard enough i guess.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC564 View Post
I had the same thing happen to me.....Naso Tang.....had him for a few months...then one day.....gone.....havent seen him since....its been about 1 1/2 months now.....im assuming the clean up crew cleaned him up. I hope you have a happier out come....
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyjaxon View Post
my yellow tang died, seen him kinda buried in the sand under a bunch of rocks the cleanup crew was working hard getting rid of the corpse.
a Week later my unicorn tang all 8 inches of it dissapeared that was 3 months ago my mistake i didnt dig for it. I had an ammonia spike killed the other tang
Dont make the same mistake I did if you find it Dig Dig Dig get it out if its dead before you get a spike btw sorry to hear about your tang missing
My system is pretty big so even if he is dead I probably won't get a spike. When my toadfish fish died (which was 3 times the size of my naso) my water never spiked. However I did find his body late that night but he had been dead in my tank for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiddy View Post
Damn, after reading this thread last night, my hawaiian flame wrasse is missing today >.> Hope it's a case of hiding wrasse. Don't really want to look too hard as he might be in the sand bed i guess. I hate when that happens >< Didn't knock on wood hard enough i guess.
I hope you find your wrasse.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Any luck Laurie? If your skimmer hasn't gone crazy I guess that's a pretty good sign. The thing that's worrying me about my missing Canary is normally they never leave each others side so for the male to be swimming around for 3 days by himself is a little odd.
I'll look closely again all around the floor and in the tank/sump again tonight, but he never showed up last night. That is odd about your wrasse, I hope it turns up.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 PM

Namnuta is on a distinguished road

I lost my Dragon Goby, and was so puzzled on where he went.

Turns our he jumped (Common with dragons) and my son found him and flushed him without telling me. I was going crazy looking for him, pulling things apart.

I ask my son, he said "Hmm, that's crazy, i wonder where he went".... 30 minutes later. "Oh yea, i found a fish dead on the carpet, so i flushed it. Maybe that was your missing fish" Doh!!

So do you live alone? Maybe a room mate, sibling etc may have some information.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 PM
bvlester

do you have any large Nem's in the tank they will eat anything that can get there fingers on.... At least mine does, fish go missing and he gets blamed or the little pygmy angle gets blamed as he will swat other fish with his tail and make them move towards the large carpet Nem. I thinks he has figured out that he can get rid of any fish he wants by being pushy. He will be moved to my kids tank once I get the 110g to my place and get it running. out of the 55g and into a 30g for him. My kids like him so they should be excited about it. I call this little angle the herding angle he is only about 2 inch in size and runs the tank. even the clowns will now let him near there Nem which they wouldn't let happen before.

Bill

Last edited by bvlester; 01-15-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 PM

oilfieldsafety is on a distinguished road

My Tang went missing for over a week and then showed up out of the blue looking and acting like nothing ever happened.