Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road
Default GFO or Bio Pellets - cyano

I am thinking of buying a GFO Reactor. I've been trying to read up on them, benefits etc., as well as bio pellets, but find more information regarding various reactors, rather than the function of them. The reason I am looking at this, is I've got a good outbreak of cyano and its getting worse, not better. I've got 2 mp40's set on reef crest - both at 100%, and a RO 5000 skimmer, 180 gl tank. Livestock is 7 fish total - 2 clowns, 2 wrasses, 1 cardinal, 1 royal gramma and 1 hippo tang. Mix of LPS, couple of SPS and softies, snails, hermits and shrimp and sand sifting starfish, approx 140lbs of lr. Fish are fed every second day, the only place that is clear of cyano at the moment is the front centre of the tank.

Running radions at 60%, sunrise at 10 am, sunset at 11 pm, peak intensity at 4 pm.

I have photos of the tank if it will help, just haven't loaded them to photobucket yet.

Any suggestions?