Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-03-2010, 12:39 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Wow, this just gets better and better.. I too am confused. So the Sales Representative for Bow Valley/Source pretty much says they supply Munster with pretty much all of their tanks, but Munster says that isn't the case? Something doesn't add up? I guess I'm just curious more than anything else :-)
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Wow, this just gets better and better.. I too am confused. So the Sales Representative for Bow Valley/Source pretty much says they supply Munster with pretty much all of their tanks, but Munster says that isn't the case? Something doesn't add up? I guess I'm just curious more than anything else :-)

Good point. Be careful though, im walking away from this one now as I got a nice PM from him. I wouldnt pry too much.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

To clarify, definitely no intention to offend anyone by my observation...I was interpreting what I saw on other forums.

"The Tank Guy" As I see you only have 3 posts right now...welcome to Canreef! We have an excellent group of people on this forum (the best I've ever encountered) and everyone is very open to opinions.

That being said, I've always found that when everyone is civil, confusion about a topic can always be worked out quickly. It would probably be very helpful to list some of the manufacturers that you do use in sourcing your tanks, especially if they only provide to re-sellers and not the general public. That way, members can make their own judgements based upon the reputation of the manufacturer.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:10 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Everyone, I mean everyone, including all the sponsors on this forum and all others, provide a product that they increase the price to make a profit. That is what all businesses do. If anyone wants to know what I provide and do, besides tanks, visit my threads on BCA Aquaria:

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44
I understand the concept of a business... I'm just saying it makes more sense to purchase from the original tank builder than spending extra to get it through Munster. Unless I have missed something and Munster does something to modify there tanks before selling?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 AM

Rahim101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I guess this is where I should "correct" my first post.

Bow Valley Aquariums Services has in the RECENT past sold tanks to "Munster Tanks"
I guess there is no saying that they will or will not order from us in the future and using the word "we supply" in the post suggests that we are currently supplying to them.

When and if "Munster" does place another order with us, we will fill the order......
Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 AM

The Tank Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
To clarify, definitely no intention to offend anyone by my observation...I was interpreting what I saw on other forums.

"The Tank Guy" As I see you only have 3 posts right now...welcome to Canreef! We have an excellent group of people on this forum (the best I've ever encountered) and everyone is very open to opinions.

That being said, I've always found that when everyone is civil, confusion about a topic can always be worked out quickly. It would probably be very helpful to list some of the manufacturers that you do use in sourcing your tanks, especially if they only provide to re-sellers and not the general public. That way, members can make their own judgements based upon the reputation of the manufacturer.
The brands available through Munster Tanks:

- Aqueon / Oceanic
- Hagen
- Marineland (Formerly Perfecto)
- Tenecor
- Top Fin
- AA
- Yi Ying
- Munster (My own brand)
- Others

There are several other manufacturers that I use and have access to.

The goal of Munster Tanks is to satisfy EVERYONE who inquires about a tank.

Who knows, someday I may become a sponsor on this forum, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
I understand the concept of a business... I'm just saying it makes more sense to purchase from the original tank builder than spending extra to get it through Munster. Unless I have missed something and Munster does something to modify there tanks before selling?
As mentioned in a recent previous post, 'Munster Tanks has always promoted itself as a supplier of 'Premium Quality Monster Aquariums'. The company designs, builds, buys, in fact whatever it takes to get the customer what they want. If price is the main factor, I determine the course of action based on the application, budget, needs and requirements of the client.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahim101 View Post
I guess this is where I should "correct" my first post.

Bow Valley Aquariums Services has in the RECENT past sold tanks to "Munster Tanks"
I guess there is no saying that they will or will not order from us in the future and using the word "we supply" in the post suggests that we are currently supplying to them.

When and if "Munster" does place another order with us, we will fill the order......
Thanks for the clarification, Rahim.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM

jiang604 is on a distinguished road

ooooo, Hi everyone, I'm from BCAquaria and wow.... this caught my eye lol...

I've actually dealt with Munsters quite a few times and heck almost all my tanks are from him!

I don't know if munsters is affiliated with any other companies but hey every tank i've gotten from him is in prestine condition! My first tank from him was a standard 90 gallon. nice clean black silicone =)

I also got a 400 gallon "monster" tank from him and man that tanks sweeeeet!

Just recently I've purchased 4 of the biggest sized rimless munster tanks and I must say I'm quite happy with them as I am using it for my selective breeding program of CRS =D

but yahhh kinda depressing to see this kinda stuff on a forum especially this being my first post! =/
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Rahim101 is on a distinguished road

Just to update this thread, I have put up a new website thats more '"official"
http://sourceaquatics.com/ as well as updated the September Specials.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Rahim101; 09-02-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

I was going to buy a new set-up from Source the other day, the website states these are new units...

http://sourceaquatics.com/specials/aquariums/
Quote:
92 Gal Corner Bow Front tank with matching stand, matching canopy and built in lights BLOW OUT PRICE: $650.00 (while quantities last)
I made several inquiries via e-mail and was told they would ship it to me for another $100-150...Sounds like a great deal but when I called the store, Credit card in hand, the person who I'd been communicating with wasn't available and the woman I was talking to informed me that this would be a final sale and no returns would be accepted as these were blemished units...I asked how bad they were and she replied the whole fronts were very obviously distorted....that changed my mind pretty damn fast.

I guess my real beef is that nowhere on the site does it say these are blemished units and if the woman I was talking to had not told me that (I wasn't told this in several prior e-mails) I would never had known until I received it...not the best business practice IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf nut View Post
Caveat emptor.

means: buyer beware ............. of shower doors!

Indeed.
end of rant...

Last edited by cale262; 09-02-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Food for thought...the phrase 'blow out' and aquarium should never meet in a sentence lol.