Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2015, 05:18 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road
Default Tank Size question

Hey all,

Im in the process of planning for a new tank but seem to have run in to a problem with my potential tank(or maybe no a problem at all). I had assumed that the space I would be placing the tank would be able to accommodate a 6ft tank, but it does not look like it will be very practical if I go ahead and do so. My ideal tank would be Ideal tank would be 72 x 30 x 24, here are some of the options I came up with, if you can think of any other please advise:

1. go 6ft and deal with the inconvenience of reaching behind the tank to adj thermostat and access light switch (why anyone would put these in the middle of the wall I have no clue)

2. Go 48" x 48" - if I go with a bigger cube, would that restrict the types of fish I could get as they won have as much room to swim? I really want a dam tang thing time around.

3. go 60" and maybe make the tank wider, or just leave it at 60 x 30. This might work, but I would have to re-measure everything to ensure I get my furniture in there also.

4. put tank upstairs. downside is i'm afraid if there is leak, i'll have two floors of dmg to deal with vs. one.

Thanks in advance.